1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTOAMERICA- utah round. who's going?

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Where has he been? Polishing his Ohlins?

2. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Ok, am I missing something. Your the US supported Honda super bike team, your rider is rumored to be in line for the Red Bull ride at Laguna and maybe more...... and you can't grid a bike. There were no new units in a dealer that they could slap bodywork on and appease sponsors or the like. Hell, I have seen racers ride through the infield at Mid Ohio and borrow parts off spectator bikes before. Unless there was a health issue with Jake they should have had "A" bike out there

turbulence likes this.
  3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Commentators said they broke some "hand made" parts. I don't have a clue what that would be (triples?)

4. I'm sure it was discussed with sponsors (sure as hell hope) of bringing it back to a proper superbike or just circulating.

5. Flux capacitor

masshole likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hannah said something about "hand made parts" that needed to be replaced on Saturday. Maybe something swingarm/triple clamp/fork mounting related that couldn't be sourced and thus the parts would be incompatible with a stock bike?

7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Pretty sure the Yoshimura bikes have a hand full of one off parts. But I guess they go racing with spares. Top knotch prepared team and a I was there albeit a brief time team. Honda can do better but doesn't care, goldwings, groms and Honda accords sell good last time I looked

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honda? Why do you keep saying Honda? It's a private team, not Honda.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah, I didn't think the Broaster team had much actually support from Honda, nor Fong's team from Kawi. He's not even running the ZX-10RR, just the base model bike.

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Well excuse me it says HONDA on the gas tank. I don't give a shit if it's kymco point being I was making is Honda as a company is a joke supporting a team or not, :rolleyes:

I go back further than Broome so I know a thing or two.

11. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I heard the band made BS too. But you can't grid something. That's my point. Hell I bet everyone of us would do something if we made the trip and spent the money.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, then you get a cookie.

Bloodhound likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

No caramel, it'll pull out his dentures.

14. Yes you may know a thing or two so you should also know at this point in the season if you are a professional outfit spares are a necessity. We've all been there not having spares but I've never seen a team I'm been in close proximity to at least not have b level spares.

15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Just shows how boring this championship is, the top two guys crash out and it means nothing. I love watching those guys race each other but that's all there is, it would be nice to see some more competitive bikes and riders out there.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool - because I've been waiting for the post about him being fired after reading what he said about the bike :D

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't hear or read what he said. Anything worth reading?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All I saw was a quote about "the bike is shit" :crackup: I think it was on bein after the first race or something.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yeah, post race interview from race 1. "Zee bike is sheet." Not really said with any anger, just very matter of fact.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Meh, his explanation covers that. He was shit and couldn't get the bike set up or close to that.

He's french, Their pastries are good, so are their smokes and they surrender like no one else at the mere mention of the word "GERMANS!" but their speaking skills are ze shit. :D