1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEST OF THE WEST LIGHTWEIGHT TWINS FEST!

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just expert - we will run Novice of course but no purse money.

2. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Your such a (Georgia....) Peach !

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Bradley should run this. Just one more trophy for my old bike.

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

He will :)

5. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

What's the track record on an SV???

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Not sure but think it is somewhere around 1:26. Back in days when old club was there and had good grids pace up front was normally in 28-30.
    My personal best was high 27 back in early 2000's.
    Time will depend on breeze :)

7. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Oh yeah, the breeze. I remember coming through turn 8 lap after lap with the wind blowing from the west, the tumbleweeds stuck in the ditch on the inside of the corner, just waiting for them to blow out of the ditch and into my path. Also remember having to STOP in turn 8 when a dust storm blew up and reduced visibility to absolute zero.

8. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer Active Member

We allways called it "The W word there(wind) I was there that weekend. Going into turn 9 you could not see at all. took a month to clean the dirt off everything I had. Hey Mongo..? The AMA LICENCE thing I'm lost on that one ..? Clue me in please. I've raced WSMC forever and motowest in 2015. But don't have a current license(since road racing has kinda dried up here in socal. So I will just have to buy a WERA license.? Thanks ahead of time.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not an AMA license - an AMA Membership. It's separate from our license.

You will need to have a valid license from someone and ours does of course work.

We race a lot in SoCal/Vegas too :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So, to add to the fun and excitement...

The entry fee is going to be $200 for this class - and a chunk is going back into the purse. More entries, more payout and further back. It will also include practice and a 10 lap race each day (versus the normal 6). I'm going to do the grid for Saturdays race off of practice times in the Lightweight groups Saturday morning, best time for each rider from either session. Then Sundays grid will be based on the race results from Saturday. Class winner will be based on results from both days with Sundays race being the tie breaker. Simplest way is to just add the finish positions together and lowest number wins - so 1st and 1st is 2. 2nd and a 3rd would be 5 and so on.

I've got to do a bit of coding for the entry fee structure so I expect pre entry to be open Monday. Tomorrow if I can figure it out easily...

11. Big Sherm

Big Sherm Well-Known Member

Hey Sean-
    You said the previous purse only applied to the LWT experts, how does this new higher entry fee, extra practice and longer race apply to the LWT novices?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No - it is a totally separate class from the regular LWT stuff.

13. Big Sherm

Does that mean novices can enter that same added race as the experts?
    I think you should consider letting us, even if we start from a second wave.

Scott

14. Snake Charmer

Thanks Mongo..! I got the AMA membership. Can I pay at Willow for wera License or it all has to be done online now...?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know you want to do it but sorry.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can handle it all at the track no problem.

17. Big Sherm

That's your choice, of course, but what's the reasoning?
    I'm happy to contribute my $200 entry fee.
    Do you think any of us would get lapped in ten laps?

Thanks,
    Scott

18. Snake Charmer

Thanks Mongo. YOU ROCK..!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because there is money on the line for experts and while some Novices would do fine not all would and I don't want to mess up a special event by going overboard to be inclusive. You'll have 3 other classes an SV does great in to run each day.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really feeling it today but pre entry is open and schedule is on the schedules page.

Pre entry for the BotW race is in the 6/10 event for those with WERA licenses. I'm doing qualifying for the grid so not a big deal if you enter via email or the like.