1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEST OF THE WEST LIGHTWEIGHT TWINS FEST!

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BEST OF THE WEST LIGHTWEIGHT TWINS FEST!

For the 2017 Lucas Oil WERA West Sportsman event at Willow Springs June 10 & 11 there will be a special purse for the Lightweight Twins Superbike Class.

“WERA Motorcycle Roadracing has a following of Lightweight Twins riders in most of the country. One of our WERA West riders who wants to see them come out, has contributed a purse to encourage participation. We hope to see a stellar turn out for WERA’s return to Willow Springs Raceway in 2017!” said WERA CEO Evelyne Clarke.

The purse will be based on the number of entries in the class. First place will pay $400.00; Second place will pay $300.00; Third place will pay $200.00; Fourth place will pay $175.00; Firth place will pay $150.00 and then for each entry after Fifth the purse will pay down from $125.00 by increments of $25.00. The purse will be greater if there are more than 10 entries.

All riders who enter will also receive a T-Shirt to commemorate the event!

We will release more information on this as we get closer to the event but wanted all West Coast Twins Riders know about this event.

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing offers a $75.00 twelve month Competition License to any rider who has not held a prior WERA Motorcycle Roadracing Competition License and renewals are $125.00 for twelve months!

2. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

In!

My last WERA race was 25 years ago! Started doing trackdays again a few years back, then got sucked back into AFM the last 3 years.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet!

4. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Yeah man. Gonna be good to see you guys. :clap::clap::clap:

I guess since I did have a WERA license back in the day, I don't get the newbie discount???

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, you might get an OG discount but that's up to Evelyne :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually you're not in the database it's been long enough, I vote yes.

7. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I think that was before computers...haha no worries...someone needs to pay for all that yuengling and pie!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More like rent and insurance :D

9. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Yeah well that too

10. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

NOOB ALERT

So what else can I run with an SV650 superbike? LWTSB, HWTSB, F2?

What about LW Solo 20? Do you still run the Solo 20s? What the heck is a Solo 20 anyway? 20 minute solo endurance race?

And DH means we run the same races Saturday and Sunday? With one round of practice each morning? Similar to the posted schedule for Las Vegas?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No Solos out west because yes DH means double header and yes very similar to Vegas (I think the sidecars are running at Willow too even). Race order will be different, more like the last ACS - I alternate them each weekend within a region. We shoot for two rounds of practice each morning. You've got the three main classes for the SV when pimped out. You could ride up to the 600 class if you like as well but that's up to you, you know the riders out there on 600s.

Even though we're not running one - a Solo is a longer sprint, one rider (hence the name - we used to run 2 hours that were for multiple people so we didn't want confusion when we started them) 16-20 laps depending on the track and laptimes. No points, percentage of the entry fees goes into a purse.

12. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Thank you sir!

:beer:

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Anybody that does not have wera license will have to purchase one?

14. Brad Perdiew

Brad Perdiew Active Member

WERA says nobody races superbikes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't even think of that, pretty sure we'll accept other licenses for this one. I'll check with the boss and let you know. If I don't post an answer in a week or two remind me. She's heading to Grattan tomorrow morning then back Monday and we fly out west Thursday so she's pretty swamped the next 14 days.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do? There aren't may true SV Superbikes running with us but there are a couple. AFM has a good amount of them.

17. Big Sherm

Big Sherm Well-Known Member

I'm so there.

Scott

18. Big Sherm

Big Sherm Well-Known Member

Is this in both novice AND expert LWT Superbike?

Thanks!
    Scott

19. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

You are probably on your way home from your "Weekend in Lost Wages".
    If you get the chance can you ask about License reciprocity for the BOTW ?
    Thanks.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss says she'll do the normal reciprocity with everyone, just need to fill out our form to keep the insurance gods happy. AMA Membership will be required.

Last edited: May 18, 2017