1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2017!

Discussion in 'General' started by mino6466, Apr 17, 2017.

1. I don't recall anyone saying the BEIN coverage was shitty. I haven't heard anything but good about the BEIN coverage.

The only complaint I've seen is the difficulty (or inability) to actually watch it.

In my opinion, MotoAmerica should offer a "pass" where you can pay for a subscription and watch all the races, including support races, from the very beginning (all the way back to when MA took over), just like you can for WSBK and MotoGP.

It would be a great way for every single person in the US to be exposed to MA, and would generate more revenue for them via selling the yearly subscriptions.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, let's get this out of the way up front. Your opinion sucks, is full of issues and smells like cheese made in a dirty jock strap. :D

Who is going to pay to produce this elaborate and all inclusive online bonanza? Who is going to pay to have it shot, hosted on the algorecoms and run the program?

Dude, shit ain't free but opinions are and are worth less than that. :D

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure.....we talked about Pontiac Aztek's too.:D

4. I would totally agree if we were talking about WERA or some other series that isn't already being filmed/produced, and had to start from scratch. But it is already there and being done. You can watch full MA races on the MA website right now.

But they only have about half of them (don't know the exact %). Every now and then it seems like a race will drop off when a new one is added, or they will have race 1 but not race 2, etc (almost as if they don't have server space or something like that).

So we aren't asking for anything new/extra, the races are already being filmed and many of them are already on the site. But instead of only having half of them on the site, have all of them...and charge a yearly subscription fee.

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I like those! I like them because they are exactly what nobody else would like, though.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Now, with this yearly subscription let's just throw out hypothetical numbers. Let's say it's expensive and they are getting $100 for it. How many true, hardcore MA fans out there willing to shell out the dough? 1000? Let's say there are 5000. That's $500,000. Nice chunk of change but how much does it cost to shoot live video, pay the announcers, edit it live, pay the crews, host all that live info on a website and do all the behind the scene stuff. Not to mention the upfront costs. $500,000 ain't all that much money for all that.

You can't compare MA to WSBK and Motogp and their live options. They have a much much larger pool of fans to pull from. Maybe MA will get to the point where they are drawing much more fans willing to pay but right now, I'd think they'd be hemorrhaging cash better spent elsewhere in the series if they tried.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure they also have a deal with Bein where Bein gets the exclusive to airing it for a certain period of time - otherwise no one would watch or record the reruns making Beins investment useless.

8. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Don't you have Directv in the motor home yet?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and then there's that which was going to be my next point but I had actual work to do. :D

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Anyone know who the KTM rider is that lives in Roswell, Georgia? I pass his house every morning on the way to work and can only see the back of his truck/rv that has a pic of his bike on it.

11. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

Trevor Standish, great kid.

Paige and r6boater like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably Trevor Standish.

Paige likes this.
  13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that BeIN can make a hell of a lot more money buy selling broadcasting rights to your cable company than they can by collecting subscription fees. That's why they want you to do their selling for them, or, as they like to put it, they want you to contact your service provider. And if you pay the subscription fee, then you probably won't pay more to add it to your cable bundle and, without the revenue for the cable bundle, the cable company won't make enough off of it to justify keeping it on the platform.

14. Very true.

15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm guessing that most of the guys bitching are under 40, as the rest of us can recall when there was NO motorcycle racing coverage. It was a big deal to be able to get the video tape, 6 months after the race. And all the whining about Greg White and Jason? Ok, maybe Greg isn't as smooth as some of the ball sports announcers, but at least the guy is genuine. He loves the sport, and I don't think his voice is unpleasant to listen to (as opposed to some of the nasally sounding euro guys). Jason Pridmore? Is there anybody on here who really doesn't appreciate that guy's insight? He speaks well, speaks clearly, and KNOWS what he's talking about. Name a former racer who speaks as well, and has the ability to communicate details about the race to the layman. I've watched a couple of races with friends who have never seen motorcycle racing, and they were genuinely excited by the insight Jason provided. It really made a difference in how engaged they were with the sport, and I'm pretty confident they'll become regular viewers.

sdiver and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Road Atlanta races are posted

418 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too much BS to deal with. Can't be up.

caferace likes this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just to put it in perspective, everybody bitches about the announcers no matter what the sport. There are LEGIONS of people devoted to hating Joe Buck.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who is that? The english guy who does the motogp feed to Bein? :D

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Well, he is terrible.

badmoon692008 likes this.