RD350 Suspension

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by grasshopper, May 3, 2017.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

To the RD guys on the board... What's the budget rear suspension of choice? Stock length? I'm looking to replace / upgrade the shocks on mine. I don't see anything on the Fast from the past page or the economy cycle page for rear shocks.

The forks are freshly rebuilt and feel good.

2. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I ran progressive shocks with the lighter springs on my CB350 race bike for two seasons with no issues whatsoever. That's probably about as "budget" as I'd want to go for a race bike.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

On my RD build....thats on a backburner.......im going to give stock triumph thruxton shocks a go. They handle the weight and damping well enough on a 450 pound brickwall of a bike,Im figuring on the RD it'll be even better for track duties.Disclaimer: Not tested yet:D

4. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

Talk to Dave Quinn about Hagon shocks for the RD. I bought a pair from him for my RD400. He will advise spring rate based on weight, usage etc.
    https://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/

grasshopper likes this.
  5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Thanks I sent him an email.

6. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

7. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Longer on the rear, RD's benefit from pulling the rake in a bit, best way to do it is to jack the back up a bit. Feel free to PM-E-mail me direct I can give the full low down for a suspension setup (most of it can be done on the cheap)