1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA New Racer Incentive Program

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Mayhem220

Mayhem220 Well-Known Member

I am a novice coming from Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association. Do I need to sign up online prior to showing up for the racer school or can i do everything at the track?
    Just moved to Columbus, GA and looking for a mentor as well.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Welcome to GA! I am in North GA... I'm not as experienced with WERA as some on here but I will be at Talladega for the opener in Feb. your more than welcome to pit with us... As far as registering go to the forms page on the main site and fill out and fax in your new entry form as well as any races Sat or Sun... Much easier and 10$ less than waiting to do at the track.. Not to mention you will have approved numbers ect..Hope to meet you..

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you raced WMRRA you don't need a school, just bring your license from them as proof of experience. You can handle everything at the track no problem.

TLR67 likes this.
  5. BlackRR

BlackRR Well-Known Member

I'm sure I already know the answer but is there any way at all to know what number I'll get prior to taking the race school?

I'm doing the Bargy school in March and currently painting and finishing up the bike. Planned to get printed plates and hate to have to do it twice.

If there's no way around it I might just not run plates until I know what my number will be

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Read my post above... On that form there is a request with 3 lines... Put 3 choices in and WERA will confirm prior...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me and we can reserve one too if it won't be too long between that and you buying a license.

TLR67 likes this.
  8. BlackRR

I'll buy the license as soon as I'm allowed to but won't take the Bargy school until 3\25.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can do the license at any time really, just can't race until after a school. So you could do it now and get your number and all that handled. The form is here - http://maps.wera.com/pdfs/forms/member.pdf and you can mail/fax/email it in. First WERA license for you so it's only $75. You will need an AMA membership before your first race, that can be handled here - http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/ use the code WEMORO when you do it and it'll help us out keeping track of things.

Then once you do the school it's time to come out and have fun :D

BlackRR likes this.
  10. BlackRR

Awesome
    Thank you and I look forward to it!!!

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Sean any idea when the schedule will be available for Talladega in a few weeks?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow in the hotel room and get it posted. Worst case Tuesday.

TLR67 likes this.
  13. BlackRR

Ok, one more question before I send in my Membership form. I don't know my blood type for sure. Do I need to find out before submitting the form?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, they can type it quickly now, not a necessity.

15. BlackRR

What is the email or fax I should send it to?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

17. BlackRR

Thanks! On its way. How long normally before I know if my number choices are taken? ( I know, I know I said one more question! Haha!)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne will process it Wednesday, email me a reminder Wednesday evening/Thursday and I'll check.

BlackRR likes this.
  19. If I decide to race at Roebling Road in March will I be able to sign up for WERA membership and everything else on Friday?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep - we're doing a practice day Friday so registration will be open for that one.