1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New R1 too slow?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jan 3, 2017.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

stronger than an 1143 GSXR??? :D I rode a 1070 and maaan that would save a whole lotta front tire wear! :D

2. Chip

Chip Registered

Hmmmm......an 1143cc GSX-R1000 makes a lot more torque. 110ft-lbs+. The power delivery is a lot more "violent" than the R1 for sure....

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Me no understand? How is a 1050 kit, cams and a ported head a basic Superstock build? I guess out here we do Superstock a little different than you boys back east?:D

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

My quote got cut off. First line was to Chip (missing smilie) and the second was to Braun. But I'm sure no one would notice with those mods. :)

5. I love how linear the power curve is. Sure power is great, but it has to be rideable. I bet that bike would be a dream to ride.

Rico888 likes this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Uh-oh sounds like the plan to ride just one bike may have gotten complicated. :D

7. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Chris, would it be F-1 Legal? Just asking.....

8. It would be F1 and A-SB legal. That's the only bad part about going SB mods with a Liter bike, now you got a ton of money tied up in a bike that is only good for 2 classes.

I like going apeshit with 600s, and wouldn't mind a 750/B-Class Superbike, but I'll likely never do all of that to a 1000 because they are already so limited on classes.

Only exception could be a Duc, since it could still race in HWT-SB, giving it 3 classes. But it came with Forged Marchesini wheels, slipper clutch, Brembo brakes, and makes 200+hp and 100+ft/lbs in SS form. I dont really know of anything I'd want to do to it.

9. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Nope, F1 only the way the rule is worded, note "Unlimited OEM Displacement"

A SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE and A SUPERBIKE EXPERT & NOVICE
    Unlimited OEM Displacement

Hmm, National Challenge Series though says
    WERA Superbike (Expert)
    Unlimited displacement machines

Error in rulebook??

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Isn't this in the forum rules?

Classifieds and shameless promotion
    : we have a classifieds site for you to sell your stuff. Use it. Selling your wares in the General forum will not be tolerated. If you want to promote your product, buy a banner ad.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Chip has been spamming so long, I just assume he's a WERA sponsor.

Mongo, is he not? :D

418 and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He has occasionally been a personal sponsor of mine so I let it slide if I notice. That being said I honestly don't pay much attention to his posts since I'm not building a bike so I don't notice most of the time :crackup:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is also a part of the posts that is an excitement about posting dyno sheets rather than spamming for a company (although the spam factor is high, it's Chip after all) and they do get the masses pretty excited looking at them.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's where he's really good. I've been watching his work for years. Not much about the exciting products and dyno charts of competitors. :crackup:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chip is Chip. His guerilla marketing is as subliminal and subtle as a football to the nuts. :D

418 likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep!

17. But in his defense, Chip works for Ballistic, not KWS...correct? Which means he didn't do the build, nor is he selling the bike.

He is just showing off a cool project some of his friends did, and not necessarily spamming, correct?

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It was a general observation, man. Not about this thread specifically. :D
    I don't know where Chip works. He's been involved with several businesses (including KWS) since the Ron Ayers days.

19. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Come on people, you're slacking. How much HP with some Carrillo rods thrown in the mix?

daveknievel and bored&stroked like this.