1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 HW through V8 HW Points...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

^ this

nhammond54 likes this.
  2. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

Nicely said Norman.
    I also had a whole paragraph written up ready to hit send when i saw your reply. i was saying basically the same thing. With the current points system at the GNF, in these three classes, you rarely have more then 2 people with a legitimate shot to win the NC.

nhammond54, sPatlovich1 and VFR#52 like this.
  3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well point is if you stop counting 6 best finishes I would have just stayed racing and would have stayed on track.
    Seems simple enough.
    But make rules and I will just show up and race.
    Exactly! And no way to make up points if you don't win 6 races.

Steven Isenhower #52

4. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

Wow , this is getting complicated. I really don't care what the point system is as long as I've someplace to race.If I have enough points at the end of the year tIo challenge for a National Championship then great but I'll go to as many races as I can. Maybe we can all stop bitching about points and get out there and race !

TLR67 likes this.
  5. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

So why didn't you come to the GNF this year? And it is not complicated at all. I will say it slowly for you this time. Best of 6? Best of 4? Sportsman winner takes all? Make a choice...thats all. And this is not bitching...this is called a discussion....maybe you have heard of that?

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, was putting VMD into the MC region already.

I find it interesting too the bitching about not enough rounds to get six. Take a look at the other Vintage classes and the opportunities to get 4 rounds in.

And seriously, you guys truly believe everyone should have an opportunity to go into the GNF with nothing but wins? I thought this was racing not riding around getting participation awards.... :Poke:

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

I guess the solution to all possible scenarios is have more racers at more events then things even out for everyone and there are more people who race, but the same number of potential GNF winners . . . . .

No harm, no foul.

Make whatever rules you want. We all want a place to race old bikes with folks who want to race old bikes and if we do well, well, that's icing on the cake. And, if we do as well as we can on a particular day at a particular track, and somebody else does better, well, I guess that's called racing. 'Cause last time I looked, there was one given in the racing I've done over the last 20 years at tracks around the country, in events from Daytona, to Mid-Ohio, to Baja, to Pikes Peak: There will probably be some really fast guys showing up with some really good machinery and some pretty big balls to hang it out when the green flag drops. And that's pretty damn cool to be a part of.

Cheers,

Dave

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty much my thoughts on it all.

9. nhammond54

You and the participation awards again....I told you what you could do with that already, so not even going to go there again. And again...doesn't matter to me....Best of 6? Best of 4? Sportsman winner take all? Just make the decision.

10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well funny how I was called out for pulling off while in 2nd.
    Aka participating trophy. Bahhaahhaa

Steven Isenhower #52

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I called you out because that isn't racing either...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I've already told you about making the decision.

13. nhammond54

Well you should never pull off Steve. What if I had crashed? How big of an idiot would you have been?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  14. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

And that was its SPORTSMAN RULES!!!! :clap::flag:Made wera great again:beer:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord :crackup:

16. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Oh let me count the ways.
    Yep when you are caught behind the later model bikes and being held up over 2 seconds lap cause they can motor you big time. Why stay out?
    2nd is same as last for points.
    I didn't show up for 2nd.
    As I've said before. Lots of things add up.
    And seriously you crash. Not going to happen at a club race.
    I only got 1 fair shot at RA at you Norman. And you just pulled away.
    I had been having bike issues and you beat me fair and square.
    Why waste energy when you have to have 20 points and a win?
    Nothing else will do with crowd I'm trying to run with.
    And I don't want participation trophies.
    I show up for 20 points only.

Steven Isenhower #52

17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

So you call this racing Mongo?
    I don't. This what we V7 guys deal with all the time.
    Notice how even after I passed him he just pulled the trigger and motored me.
    So no I don't call this racing.
    And look how many riders we blasted through in turn 1 and 2.
    And look how far up we finished from last on grid.
    I have a rear view camera also.

Steven Isenhower #52

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You only show up for 20 points according to you - so you're not a racer, you're a cherry picker and when there are better pickers you pack your ladder and go home. That's not racing to me. If all you want to do is spend money and buy a championship I'll sell you a trophy cheaper.

Also, this has nothing at all to do with the points structure or any decision I'll make - none of that would ever be solely based on any one rider.

19. nhammond54

Oh I crashed at the GNF!! Not because I wanted to. It just happened.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Wow...that look like fun , why did you quit? When you get older, you're learn life is to short to give up monents like that...

JBall likes this.