1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 HW through V8 HW Points...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't know you at all, but you sure come off as a dick with that statement. I am sure you are not in real life, but you won't get and don't deserve any respect from me for being fast. I started racing with WERA in 1977 and have paid my dues. I also have racebikes prepped to run in V1, V2, V3, V4, V5 and V6. Sorry no Sunday vintage bikes, but I have run on Sunday in Clubman and DSB and I have an SV. So don't get all high and mighty that I don't have the right to give any input. It also doesn't give you to dictate the terms just because you can win a national championship. This is not a dick measuring contest, it is racing. You might want to consider that not everybody is racing for a national championship, some of us race because it is fun and we go to all the races we can, not whine about things and then claim that you won't support vintage racing so you can save money and travel. What a hypocrite! Don't worry about telling me how badly you can beat me, we all know that already, since I am old, out of shape, live in Alaska and only get to race a couple of times a year, not to mention that I was never that fast even if I did manage to win a handful of regional championships back in the day. Remember, I have met and raced with a bunch of really fast guys that were dicks that only deserved respect for their racing ability and nothing else. I remember one really fast potential world champion who finished second in a race at Roebling Road who responded to his grandmother's congrats on second with "F*** you Grandma". I was there and I heard it, so I should respect him in any way for anything other than racing ability? You bet, I'll ask him or someone like him for thoughtful rules ideas which will benefit others and to do what is best for racing.

Again, I am sure you are a nice guy and fun to race with, but it sure doesn't seem like it in this thread.
    Have a nice day.

2. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

You woke me with your response. ...I respect your opinion. ..now Fuck you grandpa!! Lmao...I couldn't resist. Sorry...I'm a fucking nice guy buddy. I'm sure you wouldn't make the comments that the other guy did about nobody gives a fuck that you won a national championship. And I think your getting me mixed up with Steve. I live close to a lot of tracks and I don't whine. I just state the facts. There again...I think you are talking about Steve...lol...sorry Steve...I don't know who he is talking about really. So sorry you got your knickers in a bunch. Now get off your dead fat lazy ass and flop your dick out!! Because we are going racing! ! Make WERA GREAT AGAIN!! God...this is too good.

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Nah you are all on your own on this one Norman.

Steven Isenhower #52

4. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

I think we should all have a group hug.. we must come together as racers for a greater cause.. or be like the youngest wera vintage racer at 22 years old me and wait for all you old fast guys to throw out a hip and retire that way I can show up and win uncontested.. like john does all year.. next year when I show up and run second realistically I'm gunna start working on my stand up wheelies down the straights.. and thank you guys for the lunch break entertainment greatly appreciated

5. Mike 122

Mike 122 Ride!

R1brakes.jpg shifl.jpg

John, it's an ex SUPERSPORT bike that runs on pump gas a VP T4, nothing special. No "jet fuel and Shit" lol. If you want more details about the bike come see me at the track or shoot me a PM. FYI, it's not "supersport" legal anymore as the stock forks have been replaced with the R/T's. I'm planning on refreshing the motor and having the shock serviced during the off season as it has been over 10 years since they have been touched. Plus, the bike has the wrong spring on it for my weight and I need the "old and heavy" set-up. However, the bike did come with custom coated brake line fittings and a custom shift lever.

Although some of the comments in this thread may not reflect it, the V6-V8 crowd is a great group of guys and I hope that you are not discouraged from racing in V8 next year.

I hope to see you and Marc on the grid in 2017!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    MC Motorsports, ToofPic and VFR#52 like this.
  6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well need to be honest here.
    We hope you stay in V8. Lol
    Mike is fast on a moped so bike is not what makes him fast.
    Be prepared and yrs of racing have got him where he is.
    He can be beat just as anyone can.
    But better bring the A game.

Steven Isenhower #52

7. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Sorry Mike...I will straighten up...

8. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

upload_2016-12-2_16-18-30.png
    Game on. V6MW

Stumpy, 418 and VFR#52 like this.
  9. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

And Yes I've raced one before.
    upload_2016-12-2_16-20-17.png

MC Motorsports, 418 and VFR#52 like this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well you need any F2 rims and forks for that bad boy? I got you covered there.
    Sweet.

Steven Isenhower #52

11. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

So here's what I don't like about the 6 race rule. 7 weekends is a lot of racing. That sounds ridiculous given that 10yrs ago I was doing 20+ weekends a yr. I have been trying to race the past 2 years, in 2015 I made 4 races and in 2016 I made 3 races. It's just hard for me(and I assume most people with jobs and families) to get away.
    I'm not letting racing consume my life like it did for 15 years, but I do really enjoy still getting out there and racing with all you guys. That's why I chose to stay with WERA and not trackdays. I'm not chasing money or Natl Championhips but, I would rather run in a race where I at least have a chance to win than knowing from the start I am already disqualified.
    Whatever gets decided I'm fine with it. I'll show up when I can and ride around. I just never understood why a points system was created for just these three classes.

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It wasn't created for just these classes. It was created for all Vintage racing (by the Vintage racers) when we ran every weekend but only ran each class once - and it was 6 best with GNF double just as these classes are right now. When we started doing the double headers to pay the bills and cut back on the Saturday classes a bunch we decreased those to only 4 rounds counting. Now we have double the chances for the Sunday classes since they run twice on double header weekends but kept it to the 6 best like it was when you had to run twice the number of weekends to get points. As it stands right now if you're fast enough you only have to run 3 weekends to get max points, the other Vintage classes have to run at least 4.

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Dude your my Dangling carrot.... The TL might not be a match but it's fun out there with you.... See you at Tally in Feb... I got heat in the new trailer too so My bike will be warm and ready!

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

Sorry for the mistake Sean. I was not aware of the history. Thanks for explaining it.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No problem at all.

With things being different these days I'm just tossing out ideas to see what people like. So far best I can tell is everyone hates something about every possible way of doing it :crackup:

16. Mike 122

Mike 122 Ride!

Should be fun, Marc! Looking forward to it. We could probably use one of those special jars of high octane in Feb ;)

MC Motorsports and VFR#52 like this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LOL.... I will bring a couple......

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

[​IMG]
    I used to race one, too. Maybe I should get another.​

19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

"F##k you grandma"..............:crackup:

Wheel Bearing and nhammond54 like this.
  20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Mike is gonna hurt feelings no matter what he races.Look at his lap times on the Honda f3,yzf750/1000,
    and the R-1 nitrous jet fueled rocket powered by Nasa snot slinging bike he raced this year..
    Hate I didn't get to hang out with you Mike!:beer:
    Paul

TLR67 likes this.