1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gatlinburg Fires

Discussion in 'General' started by Montoya, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Anyone in the area, be safe. The destruction pictures and videos are absolutely insane.

2. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Lots of WERA folks on that side of TN, hope everyone got out while they could, let us know you're ok!

3. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Theres a new fire next door here to the Deals Gap store. The Moodys (Daryl and Suzy) have a cabin nearby there, with some trick bikes parked there. Last night they messaged me saying..."we may need you to go by and move some irreplaceable bikes. The cabin can burn, but the bikes can't!" lol :crackup:Sounds reasonable to me.

We got 12 hours of rain, soon after starting at sundown. Thank god. Ground underneath in some places I ck'd this morning, is STILL dusty dry a few inches under the deep leaves.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's a real shame....don't mess with a fire.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, sadly even a few inches of rain isn't enough - but it'll absolutely help some.

If you need help moving the bikes just post up, should be people nearby who can help out.

panthercity likes this.
  6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

If you live in a secluded wooded area an exposure protection sprinkler system is a really good idea. It basically blankets the house with water after you leave to prevent the fire from engulfing the property. It's not Uber expensive if you put it in at the time of construction.

Good luck to all the folks you have to go through the fire.

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Nice sales pitch!.......... I'd have that in a second if I lived in a semi dry wooded area (or if I lived anywhere west of the Mississippi).

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Does it need power?

9. ped

ped Banned

I wonder why god is burning them?

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Just water pressure. Maybe a generator.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're in the wrong forum for that....

Lawn Dart, screws4068 and stk0308 like this.
  12. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

I was thinking that too. Almost all the places here in the western NC mtns, are on a stand alone well system (I am). No power..no water. I lost power last night several times.

13. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

If anyone in the impacted areas needs a place to store, themselves, bikes, or gear shoot me a PM.

V5 Racer likes this.
  14. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Two friends of mine that live in Maryville, TN have been evacuated twice so far . Luckily they live in an RV and just drive off!

15. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Going to ride over and poke around Deals Gap see how that fire is going. Stay tuned. Its only 9 miles away lol

16. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Maryville has not been impacted by the fires. They may be in the Walland area.....that was the closest fire to Maryville

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well if you had to evacuate, you at least have something you could stay in. :D

18. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Correct

Correct
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Yep, that one ended up burning over 1500 acres as I recall, and almost took out one of the schools. I'm on the west side of Maryville and the smoke from that fire and one that was burning down around Tellico Plains gave us a lot of smoke for over a week.

20. Same here,I'm in NE Ga and on my way out of the country but have a decent amount of space if anyone needs it.