1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 HW through V8 HW Points...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well thanks for letting us know.
    Maybe it cause I suck at writing that anyone who reads what I write doesn't understand what I trying to get across.
    It's not about how many races i have a problem with.
    It's that you only count 6 best races.
    I drive the farthest and race the most people on grid in my region.
    2 bad races and there is no reason to make the drive.
    Or as in some other case they just don't race.
    Now I'd be happy to explain it on the phone anytime you have 10 minutes to talk.
    Now it's your series.
    I'm just trying to make it fair and get more people on grid.
    Take care and have a safe trip.

Steven Isenhower #52
    281 536 3330

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Two bad races and you can go to another event to make them up with the current setup.

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Again missing the whole point.
    I'm not going to argue.
    I proved my point when I won my HWV7 title buy being only one on grid last yr.
    I truly think you just don't understand what I'm saying amd why.
    It's your business. You make rules.
    I just gave my imput from talking to racers who gave me reasons why they didn't race in Vintage.
    Then I gave what I thought was a solution that hurts no one and would hopefully get more bikes and riders on grid.
    Again I'd be happy to explain it on phone.
    Call anytime, Take care.

Steven Isenhower #52
    281 536 3330

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then type out your point - a conversation won't be any better as we've had them and you say the same things I still don't understand. A phone call isn't going to change anything.

Quit the shit about it's my rules and blah blah blah - I am trying to get input not argue. In a case like this I am putting out what I don't understand, that isn't an argument. If I'm not understanding what you're saying then use more words and explain it. I'll look at your points stuff again too but what I remember is it's confusing and overly complex to explain to our customers - it also seemed to be effectively what I'm suggesting as it would make it easier for everyone (especially in your situation wanting to travel to fewer rounds) to come into the GNF with full points - which is exactly the same as what I suggested in the first post. Everyone comes to the GNF on equal footing and it determines the champion.

5. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

I think lowering it to 80 points would help. i have raced v7 with wera for the last 6 years. Since it looks like for the 2017 season, the nc region will be the "grattan cup". I plan on jumping ship and doing some ccs this year. I have no desire to go to grattan three times this year. I plan on racing outside of the nc region because of the grattan cup so 80 points would help a guy like me make the gnf.

6. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

I can buy a v8 bike for close to the same price as a newer bike so i can find a new one and just run the the A and formula classes.. it's kinda dumb buying a bike another bike for a points system I don't like..when I can get one that is competitive in sportsman class which has a points system I like

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The 2017 schedule is tentative. I and planning/working on adding more rounds to the NC region.

Why just 80 points when you've got 160 available with even the current schedule?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So would you like those classes being the same as sportsman?

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I don't think Mike Burns should be able to ride that R1 in V8.... He makes us all look silly....:crackup:

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I did twice. Emailed it too.
    And yes you make rules.
    So far with no imput from the racers who actually race and pay.
    And having a conversation is one sided from a dictator.
    I've never said to have less races.
    EVER.
    I suggested get rid of counting 6 best and cap GNF points at 120.
    Pretty simple.
    On old bikes on any given weekend you can have a problem.
    But you have regions with only 1 person in it.
    Same as in Nola region last yr.
    Yet in others you have more and can affect the outcome along with newer bikes we are on grid with.
    Yet we finished towards the front of races after we peel through the novice group.
    Do what you want.
    I'm done talking.
    I have work to do.

Steven Isenhower #52

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord, here we go again, the world is out to keep Steve down.

Fine.

I read you email, read it again just now. Your idea is still exactly what I said and is only slightly different than the 6 best - you go into the GNF with 120 points so everyone is equal. Which makes it winner take all. Doesn't matter if the total you start with is 120 or 0, still makes it winner take all. Unless you go to a sliding scale of points based on how many riders are on the grid nothing will change a rider with no competition having an advantage. As for affecting outcome, it's racing, there are millions of things that can affect the outcome. The 6 best is only different if you can't travel or go fast enough to win 6 races. You want someone to be able to never win and still have the same points as someone who won 6, I get that, but again what's different between that and the current sportsman setup? I agree it could increase entries during the year versus a system where you only need to run one round - however that's where grid position does help too.

Again, discussion not argument. I'm doing everything I can to try and get you to spell out how your idea is different. Hence bringing up all sorts of way I see where it isn't. I hope that some day you'll be able to point at something and say, "no, that is different than my idea because...."

BTW - you're never done talking :crackup:

12. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

I say 80 because all regions don't have equal amount of races or competitors. We race old shit and its almost 100% you have a dnf or issue causing you not to win. Or a crash. Or you just suck one race or at a track. Or you just are not financially available to make a race. Last year vir was cancelled, and that also affected my points for the year.
    I can see that this could take away money from full season attendance but those guys are the usual suspects. I feel it could help some guys that are fast but just don't have 6 when it comes to October. It will then make it winner take all so to speak at gnf but I don't see the problem in that. If you can't win the gnf as winner take all then you shouldn't be champion.

13. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

Over the current system yes 100 percent!!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, thanks for the input.

15. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

No kidding. I should have known that "someone" was bound to come out eventually on some prior super bike running on fucking jet fuel and shit. I was excited to be in a class I was relatively competitive in...then he comes along. FML.

V5 Racer likes this.
  16. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well thanks for racing in Vintage.
    Burns is fast in any class.
    And this yr was his 1st full season in a long time.
    Great guy and now you know the bar has been set high.
    Don't give up as anything can happen.

Steven Isenhower #52

17. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

If I didn't bounce between racing a 600 and a 1000, I'd be a lot better in V8. Burns ran decent at RA, but if I focused on just racing the liter bike, he is definitely catch-able. Would be a great match up. I love both my bikes but I am quickly growing tired of trying to race them both in the same weekend. I just can't make up my mind which one I want to stick with.

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think that all classes which race on Sundays should have the same points system. To me V7 and V8 are just more sportsman classes, anyway.

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Agreed

20. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Well rumor has it that Mr. Burns will be entering the V6HW class next year. I'm excited to race against him as we've been stagnant for a few years and need to up our game. Also joining our class will be Chris Onweiler, who just finished a 1989 7/11. Chris rides well and will give the northern FZR's a true headache. Dann Clark is breaking out his VFR 750 and will be a handful on the smaller northern tracks. An additional rumor is that Mark Junge is working on a V6, V7, AHRMA/CCS bike so should be plenty of competition next year in V6, V7HW. That's all I have to offer at this point.

VFR#52 likes this.