1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One week all inclusive beach vacation with toddler

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

wanna fly there without big hassle. Boy is a little over a year.
    Don't want to take care of anything, also not spend a real fortune. Thought of a celebrity cruise but they almost charge full price for the boy and driving to Miami is not an option, so adding the flight might stretch the budget a bit too much.

Bahamas or so... Cuba? Jamaica?

Any leads?

Thanks

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Greer SC.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I like Puerto Rico. No passport hassles and it's easy.

The Zika shit might be a drawback though.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Free drinks? Beaches? Good food?

Well, there's an airport...

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Stopped there during a cruise, was nice but not extraordinary...

Checking out Jamaica right now. Sweet offers for around a grand per...

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Mazatlan, Puerto or Nuevo Vallarta for west coast Mexico. Cancun, Cozumel for east coast Mexico. Will need a passport, but you can get into a decent location for ~$1000. Try https://www.allinclusiveoutlet.com/ for good deals, including packages.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

We took our son on a Holland America cruise when he was 18mo or so. It was mostly middle age to old people so it actually worked good because it was quiet and he didn't get woke up during naps when walking around. Other cruise lines there is now way he would sleep in a stroller etc due to loud music etc in different parts of the ship. They leave out of Tampa.

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

We went to Riviera Maya last year with our 6 months old and had a great time at Gran Bahia Principe resort. They had cool kiddie pools and even a small water park. Food was great and it was just a good experience. We're thinking of going back next winter.

bikerydr and Phl218 like this.
  9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Jamaica is best bang for the buck. Food will be crap but the one year old will drink well liquor without complaining

Phl218 and SuddenBraking like this.
  10. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

DR is the cheapest for all inclusive. Travel Zoo always has stupid deals.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

DR is #1 on my list to try next.

12. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Vacation and "with a toddler" don't really go together.

Dragginass, rk97, eggfooyoung and 4 others like this.
  13. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

We did one recently to Cancun since the flight is short. Took the 1yo, and 4yo. The resort didn't charge at all for the 1yo, and very little for the 4yo. There were quite a few resorts with similar pricing structures.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Costa Rica.......tamarindo (SP) Safe, clean and great food and people and cheap

cpettit and Phl218 like this.
  15. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Are you a scuba diver? and do you plan on getting off the resort for day trips or are you just looking to chill on site for the whole trip?

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

not yet :D

basically hang out and chill, doing nothing ...
    1-2 trips would be nice but not really a necessity.

DR was an idea as well, but there's too many germans this time of the year. well basically any time of the year. my people annoy me on vacation.

Costa rica was on our list a few years ago for hiking stuff. may have to revisit from a resort perspective.

yeah, toddler and vacation is tricky, we got the camper thing figured out pretty well, so i guess a resort would be even better due to the lack of required logistics. (<-- that's what kinda killed the cruise idea.)

plan is to not even fly outta gsp, just drive to CLT or ATL and fly direct to the destination. shortest overall trip time is desired.

17. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Moon Palace, cancun

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Travelers Rest SC.

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

DR for sure..... Do a search for Paradises....They even have Nanny services if I am not mistaken... Went a couple years ago and need to get back soon.... Had my teenage daughters and had a blast...

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

nothing tops Belton SC

BTDT