1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys whose wives back them up.

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 10, 2016.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

For sure. When I first told my closest friends their collective response was "About damn time." They knew what was going on. I just kept hoping things would improve and change. For that, I was in denial and a bit stupid. Better late than never.

2. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

As someone who has gotten very familiar with the divorce machine over the past 2 years, your whole story makes me more than a little worried for your finances going forward. I hope I am wrong.

50Joe likes this.
  3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

We would lose food storage space, and in the event of an apocalyptic disaster, I would rather have the food.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then add a pantry to the house. Enough space for a dishwasher is nothing.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

She doesn't have to live with you he just has to hire one.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

backup from my wife looks like that:
    - i find cash on the table (her tips from work) - i ask: what's that? she says: your tire money
    - i am angry while hauling her shit around, building bathrooms and decks, she goes like: "go ride your motorcycle"
    - last year we agreed on me racing a full season i got the camper for her and the boy to tag along. just too bad the job came in the way... my hope was to make it more comfy for her. RRR was a good start...
    - she doesn't like me crashing but helps me whenever i do it.

on the other hand i try to help as much as possible with the household and the boy despite my long days and travel. and i let her do anything and everything what she wants for her business... (which was profitable from the beginning)

just gotta figure out the monthly hormone rollercoaster....

Boman Forklift and 50Joe like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

outside the basic question of why are humans on the Earth? This is easily the second question that has no answer.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The bit about some farm girls is true .

Raised with the right attitude.

Kolbe and Cam Morehead like this.
  9. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Been there done that buddy... I feel for you, but you will be better off when she is gone!

50Joe likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Amen.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

nah, more like a preventive action plan - not as in getting her knocked up again, but rather a reminder in my calendar, getting things lined up, staying calm, joking, things like that... now that i have it in my calendar, it's gotten way better. i also had to get used to it again, since being pregnant was a completely different level... (more constant)

figuring out the thing itself? you're right, now effin way :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  12. sowega

sowega #710

Haven't your periods synced up by now?

BigBird likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

no, but i expect it to happen as soon as i get me a ninjette.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup: :clap:

15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

No worries man. Since I became paralyzed racing, I'm not working and on disability. I also carried good disability insurance because I did race. No kids so everything gets split down the middle. I absolutely refused on alimony so I gave her a healthy chunk of cash to keep lawyers out if it and no talk of alimony. Friends think I'm crazy since in reality she ends up with more cash than I do and I'm the one paralyzed. But, I figure it is way more than worth it to keep lawyers and drama out of it. We are both being very civil towards each other mainly because I've given her the extra cash she asked for. She will need it big time and I go away from the marriage with a totally clear conscious. I'll have a monthly income which will be more than adequate for where I live. I'll even be able to afford more therapy than what I can now.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta love someone wanting to take advantage of a paralyzed dude - scariest part is if you hadn't been hurt you might still be together :eek:

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yes and probably yes. It is what it is. I have no desire to see her suffer but once she blows through the cash, she will. I'll be fine myself. I know I'm being way more than fair in this whole dealio. Couple close friends are kinda pissed I'm being as generous as I am. But, my inner peace of mind is worth it.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

BS ... my dishwasher took 3/4 of the closet, half my garage, the bulk of the bathroom cabinets, and half our stuff if I want to swap models. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think you're doing it right. It's worth spending more to be happy.

Boman Forklift and Cam Morehead like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You bought the wrong model :crackup: