1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys whose wives back them up.

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 10, 2016.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Man, you guys have got it all wrong. My wife makes bank and works 14 hours a day, and I just rode home from the bar hanging out with my motorcycle buds. I can do whatever the f*#k I want up to about 95% and get away with it.

Trick is, find a young gal from the farm that wants to escape that life that is hard working and thinks your the king. Convince her of that for the next 35+ years and roll on.

Life is good boys.

JTW, Scotty87, noles19 and 3 others like this.
  2. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Use some of that bank and pay someone to cleanup your garage :D

Did you ever finish the kitchen reno?

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of them to go around :crackup:

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just have the backsplash tile to install. To quote Mr.Costanza, " I've got hand" for about the next 5 years.

And I cleaned the garage too:D

bleacht likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Its very clear whose wives read the forum and whose do not ;)

418, Scotty87, DrA5 and 3 others like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That is an academy award level performance right there.:D

418, VFR#52 and rd400racer like this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

9. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

It appears to me that most don't have a "relationship". Both put in, both benefit, both carry burden, both manage money. Maybe that is off base..... We share responsibilities, good or bad.

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yea, that would be nice. Consider yourself fortunate.

I made all the money, took care of all finances, took care of everything outside of the house, took care of the cars, even did some inside the house chores and was way cleaner to boot. Took her on nice vacations. She always drove the newest car. We didn't even have children. She bitched about long work hours when I was building a career so I could pay for EVERYTHING. She bitched about my bikes and time I took riding. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out to bars, never cheated on her. I swear I have no clue what rattles around in her brain. Her sense of entitlement is astounding. I can't fucking wait to be rid of her. Seriously. Unfortunately, she has tainted my viewpoint towards all women. Now, I just want my peace and freedom. Only 2 more weeks until my move date and Life 2.0 can start.

If people really knew how she has treated me after my injury it would make you want to vomit. I better not say anymore than I already have. Not a good frame of mind to start a new day.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kinda sounds like you encouraged the entitlement by doing everything for her.

speedluvn likes this.
  12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

That sucks Joe, I hate to hear that. :(

Boman Forklift and 50Joe like this.
  13. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I just let Darren lie - it's like he is convincing himself that I am actually different than other women. I am not. I am just as irrational and unstable as the next. I actually love him very much and realize that it takes a bit of work to maintain what we have.

I worry about everything. When I get overwhelmed I have one of two reactions to making simple decisions: fight/flight or complete inaction - neither of which are good. Seeing both sides of the sink crammed with dishes is enough to make me melt down into a puddle. So the only way to deal my irrationality - is to prevent it or to talk with me through it step by step. Dern knows it - he plucked me as a 24 year old and it hasn't changed. But most men wouldn't bother. I am grade-A damaged goods.

Lawn Dart and Newsshooter like this.
  14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I didn't want to do all that. I asked for help along the way. Nope. When we first got married, she worked. My career quickly took off. After just a few years being married she stopped working. In her words - "I don't make enough money to be worth working after we pay taxes." Huh? Any extra money helps. I even told her she could keep all the money she makes and spend it on whatever she wants including saving some for extra or nicer vacations. Nope, still didn't work. She has had a series of "hobby businesses" that I have helped finance over the years. None brought money into the house. Once I'm gone reality is going to give her a huge bitch slap upside her head.

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

But you are different. Much more so than you may think. You realize, are aware of, and understand your challenges. Most women (and men) have zero self awareness in both their personal and professional lives.

I think that's why I enjoy racers so much. 99% of the population at the racetrack is willing to do something about their limitations. Except the Vintage guys. They quit giving a sh@t 20 years ago and are there just to have fun. I like them for that too :D

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think the cat is slowly starting to get let out of the bag. Over the past several decades the general population has been sold a bill of goods that married partners are happier, more fulfilled, healthier (lol), live longer etc etc. than their single counterparts.

Unfortunately alot of that data was rigged and has been debunked over the years as well. Just 1 example here... http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/single-people-may-be-more-fulfilled-than-married-people-0811161

I think the caveat to alot of that "marriage is good for you" propaganda is that they conveniently leave out a very important adjective.....a good marriage may be good for you. Problem is most marriages aren't good marriages. 1/2 of them end in divorce and of the remaining 1/2 that stay together I'd wage that at least 1/2 of those are begrudgingly staying together in "cheaper to keep her" or similar arrangements (kids, finances, etc etc).

17. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

My wife doesn't really back me up but she doesn't hold me back either.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah okay, so you were in too deep and got stuck with it. Seems like it's good you're finally out from under it all.

19. sowega

sowega #710

While skimming General, I keep reading this thread title as "Guys whose wives beat them up."

Sounds like it may not be far from accurate. Yikes.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You know why a women's feet are smaller than a man's. So you can stand closer to the sink. :D

Make that ass buy you a dishwasher.

sPatlovich1 likes this.