1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over 60?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by mmfoor, Jun 28, 2016.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

eff U Tristan
    :D
    A mere 58.75 here.

Gorilla George and V5 Racer like this.
  2. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

Just turned 52. :D

3. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

4. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

62 in September.

5. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Turned 60 in April. At my next track day or race I will have been on a track for 5 separate decades.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

68.5 but I am only "semi-active". I ride an track day or HMGP class two or three times per year. I sponsor riders on my bikes and post race prizes and awards. I haven't ridden in a "true" race in 7 years.

Gorilla George and V5 Racer like this.
  7. joec

joec brace yourself

Roper makes you all look bad!

8. charles

charles The Transporter

You're catching up to Roper!

9. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Only 58.5 year-old in a 78 year-old body . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

10. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

My first race was 46 yrs ago on a Suzuki 125 2-stroke twin 'Stinger' I believe.
    My heroes were Gary Nixon and Mike Hailwood.
    64 in November and I feel great. Working out, loosing weight, riding the street bike.

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

63, started late...Steady Eddie was my role model long before I got to the track.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Need a "super senior" class to get us over 60 guys on the track....the regular "seniors" are barely out of their knickers.:beer:

motoracer1100 and John29 like this.
  13. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

if they had a super senior class on 250s or 300s I believe id try that.

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Mike Ketterer is 62 I think. He races an sv though

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Ultralight Senior Superbike? I'm in, but I'm just a kid.....

16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I'm not sure why some may feel the need for a senior class. Especially for small bikes, just get out there and try it out. As long as you are not starting in the midst on the novice C classes (where there can be more "action") things are really not going to be any different or less safe with a field that includes all ages. The fast kids clear out, and you get to battle with everyone else.

I've ridden Senior SB for many years, which is fun, but there are plenty of very fast guys there, and it really is just another race for me. In that race, even though the riders are a bit more "mature" I've seen plenty of bone-head moves, bar banging, and goof-ups just like in any other class.

As you can see from the guys here, age is not really an issue, and some of my best races have actually been against kids, where age was just not a factor.

Good luck!

17. triffecpa

triffecpa Well-Known Member

57 last month. I still run 10 sprint races each month with SMRI in Albuquerque. With our club you race for free once you hit 70. I think that I can hold out for that long.

M Aderholdt and JBall like this.
  18. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

I can do those skull and crossbone(pistons) . I have that pattern. actually I have them on my cutoff Levi jacket. Bill and Darethea

Shenanigans likes this.
  19. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I turned 60...

In 2009.

I don't remember back that far though.

First race 47 years ago.

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Guy I bought Kith's EX500 that you have now was in his 70's so you wont be the oldest person to ride it!