1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas Shootings

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G Dawg, Jul 8, 2016.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Something like that. It seems like a large percentage of the more militant vocal women are...:D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Was the psycho a demonstrator? It doesn't seem as if he was. Seems more like he chose the peaceful demonstration as a site for his insanity.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually I meant it does not matter. The fact is that BLM is not a baseball team with a lineup. So was he active or not? Who knows. However the protests have a history of violence. Further the protestors have a history of advocating violence. So even if he did not march he was attracted to the protest but not because they were peaceful or a gun free zone. Nope it was that he felt a kinship to what they preach.

But again he probably was not listed on the signup sheet just as many who attended cross burning nonsense were not 'members' merely sympathetic to the insane cause.

The worst part is a lot of peaceful people will suffer from the crazy that effects police actions in the near future.

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

A little positivity for this thread.

7. Putter

8. blkduc

My son is just beginning his career in law enforcement...great timing huh? :eek:

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

The strong fight through the bad times for what they believe in. It shows his character for going in during the bad times. In the end, having experienced the bad times and work for the good will make him a better cop.

joec likes this.
  10. Putter

I still think it's a noble profession. Gotta have good guys. Just keep him out of Minneapolis. :D

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And the Dungeon!

Putter likes this.
  12. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Police training for new police recruits must be changed. Handing them 2 tons of ammo and a revolver and having them practice on stilouettes of afro haired men on shooting range target posters for 10 weeks must end. We must change the stilouettes to tiny old ladies dressed in nun's habit. Problem solved. No more racism.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Can't. Looks too much like a hijab. Racist. :Poke:

14. joec

joec brace yourself

My dad was a rookie bcpd in 68..first few months in, stood the line during the baltimore race riots. He retired as a cop. He has some crazy stories.

15. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

But it worked for TSA didn't it?

16. blkduc

He is so focused and determined to make this his career that nothing will stop him. In fact, events and politics like this seem to just cement his plan in stone even more...it makes him even more determined. The drive to serve the community is strong in my family. My grandma, dad, and now my son all cops. All through grade school his teachers would tell me that he has an amazing sense of right and wrong and always comes to the aid of kids getting picked on and fiercly defends those that need it. That has not changed, he will make a damn good cop and I could not be more proud. His army training has been freakin awesome prep work too.

Putter, I told him today that he should not rule out a suburb department since MPLS politics are so fucked up and his job will be tougher because of it.
    -Him, no I want to stay in the city
    -me, yeah all the action would be fun
    -him, yeah but I just want to beat up hippys...then he :D

The dude has a great smartass sense of humor...must of got it from his mom.

jrsamples and Putter like this.
  17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

That is correct. In fact, several marchers stated that many officers were interacting with them being very friendly and helpful during the march and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I had an uncle that was a sheriff in West Texas in the 1870s and 1880s. Obviously, (really) I wasn't around to be able to talk to him but I used to hold his old Colt peacemaker and imagine what it would say if it could talk. I'll bet there were some stories behind it like your Dad has. :beer:

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Then why not just stay at home?

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

They get training? Hmm... I learned something new today...