1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Didn't think about that. Wouldn't that be a motherfucker? Have your builder build you a cheater bike just to get protested by your builder when you try to race it against him? Haha this thought amuses me.

oilslinger likes this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Now Jr has a posting on Facebook about setting a record this weekend. Think the motor is legal?

Gorilla George and throwdown like this.
  3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Haha, it's almost irrelevant now. This was a few years ago. Everyone in the area knew about it. No need to start a new firestorm now. I was more just giving an example I knew of where a cheater motor was probably good publicity because it was soooo good.

ClemsonsR6 and metricdevilmoto like this.
  4. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I'm still not willing to throw Jr under the bus for anything other than initially being oblivious to his dad's actions. A thrown-together 2mm over motor built from parts bin junk might not be that different from a well built, blueprinted SS build. Who knows what his Dad told him he had built. But Jr. damn sure knows what's up at this point and should chime in soon.

dakinesuzukinut likes this.
  5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Look, if this was crew chief and rider maybe you could say chief didn't tell rider and rider just went and rode said bike.

But,know way I believe that Jr didn't know 1. That was a cheater bike he was on in the stock class.

2. That the bike was shipped with missing parts.

3. That now the frame was cracked when sold.

Pixelator likes this.
  6. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

All this thread lacks are some Durani wheels!

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Is Sr going to be banned from the ama paddock based on morals? Not far off from what's already occurred this season

8. Redlining52

Redlining52 Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the buyer, what went down was so unethical it's not even funny. I hope he is able to get some sort of money back from this. This sport already cost enough money to have people screwing you out of more.

Gino230 and dakinesuzukinut like this.
  9. caferace

caferace No.

Or Yoshimura. :D

-jim

Gorilla George, dickie doo and Focker like this.
  10. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

I don't know anything these people at all except from what I've found in this thread, but looking through the data I could find, he didn't set the world on fire even with the cheater engine that ducti now owns. They don't seem to be good at cheating :)

BigBird likes this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sorry man, I got 4 kids and a house to pay for.

That being said, I don't offer "cheater motor" services.

I mean if someone sends you a gsxr750 motor how are you to know its not going into a 600 chassis.

I've got track day customers that want built bikes (I know I know) and then they decide to try racing. Am I supposed to shun them?

I certainly get your point and respect the hell out of it, I just won't fault a builder for doing what he's paid.

But there is a big difference in a guy coming to me saying "build me a cheater motor" and a guy saying "build me a fast ass motor and I want everything in it"

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They can't help that their cranks were painted the wrong color at the factory. :D

t11ravis and caferace like this.
  13. deathwagon

Is mirror polished a color?

14. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

They got $12k out of scrap metal, seems like they do okay.

throwdown likes this.
  15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm willing to bet that at the end of this, there will be an outcome.

joec and Shenanigans like this.
  16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

If it's you getting banned, there actually will be a winner in all of this! :D

joec, dickie doo, renegade17 and 2 others like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

What gear are we in now...I lost count with the quick shifting

Pixelator likes this.
  18. deathwagon

Dog's ass. Sunshine. There's an old saying about this somewhere, but it looks like you were spot on.

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You know... It's like some of the folks here have never heard of a cheater motor before.

Some of the creativity in is pretty impressive actually.

My two favorites were Ulrich's story (IIRC) about Russell having an extra gear at Road Atlanta.. (Might have been another track)

And whomever used their headlight bucket as auxiliary fuel tank. I think that was Mongo's story.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

AMEN brother Jesusi!