1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. It does seem like they used to be alot bigger. Ive seen people eating them recently and they look to be the same size as the regular/small cheeseburger, just with an extra meat and bun.

I only eat fast food when there is no other option, and then I'll just get chicken strips.

2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

;) A racer who studied econ too long knows not all Big Macs are priced the same.

BIG MAC INDEX BY STATE

State-level estimates show larger price variance than the rural-urban differences (Figure 1). West Virginia produced the lowest price index and it is used as our benchmark state. On Figure 1, the dot for each state is the point estimate of the price index, while the upper and lower marks indicate a 95 percent statistical confidence interval. In addition to West Virginia, other members of the low cost group are Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, Indiana and Tennessee. The high price index group includes New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Vermont, Colorado and New Hampshire. This group reports, on average, a price index 19 percent higher than low price index group (p-value

< 0.05).

http://www.nardep.info/uploads/Brief36_HowLargeRuralCostAdvantage.pdf

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pricing no - but the Big Mac is the same worldwide. We unlike McD's don't factor taxes we pay into the pricing of our product nor do we have huge variations in labor cost so it stays the same everywhere we go. But overall you're correct, we could justify charging more for more expensive/larger tracks and it is something we look at every season.

4. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Which is why the Big Mac index is a really interesting econ research tool.

Anyway, looking forward to a great WERA 2016 season.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can see them having to adjust pricing for the cost overall. That's really the only way for them to keep the product the exact same everywhere.

6. It is insane how much fast food costs in other countries. In some places a Big Mac will cost the equivalent of $20.

7. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Update on a CMP date? WITH Vintage?

8. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

For whatever it's worth, as a guy whose pondered racing for the last year or so, having an event at Pitt full is going to make me pull the trigger this year. Originally it was the endurance race that hooked me, but even though I can't make that work this year (due to PN rule) I'll be doing the sprints.

9. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was posted a few pages back there is no CMP

Edit:

10. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Sean, on the schedule the first event at TGPR should be 2/20-21, not 2/21-22 in MC and SE regions

And this must be an old schedule, since it was last updated 1/16/15
    ;)