1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Benmont

Benmont Well-Known Member

Are we going to miller this year? Sorry if its already been asked.

2. Yep. Same with NOLA being in the Mid-Central region. And to make it even worse, those 2 NOLA events account for 2 of the 3 DH weekends on the schedule. The loss of those two DH weekend points could likely ruin my championships.

Of course it pisses me off and puts a huge damper on my enthusiasm for the season, but not shit I can do about it. Only thing I can do is work my ass off to try and win every damn race I enter and see what happens. It is a long season, anything can happen.

3. Yes, among other things.

4. In looking at it again, is the 9-24 NOLA round DH listing a mistake? It says DH but then it also says it is a National.

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

In the past all Nola rounds have been DH rounds and a national round was at least one of them.

6. So how does it work? Regional Sprints on Sat then the Sun races are National and Regional points races?

7. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Don't go breakin' my heart.....

8. roy826ex

9. I see. So yeah, the points must count for both. At least that is how I read it.

I was just hoping it was a typo and both events weren't DH events.

10. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

PLEASE let VIR be Vintage???

t500racer likes this.
  11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I live in Indiana and there are 2 tracks I have to drive 12 hours to get to.

I get that some people have the luxury of a 2 hour drive to the track. Spend the coin, double up, or quadruple up. Cycle Jam is about racing and having fun.

dsmitty37, HEF211 and Metalhead like this.
  12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

NC has represented well at Atlanta the past couple years, all things considered. And VIR in the past. And Nashville in the past. I understand it. Grattan events are lower cost, N2 is helping PIRC and VIR and Atlanta are there to help pay the rentals. It's just a first that there have been two non-region/longer drive events on the NC schedule.

National Schedule looks improved. I thought it was going to be a 7 round series though. NOLA is a haul. Doing the NC schedule actually covers half the National Series. Sean, is there going to be any added new stuff/incentives for the National Series this year?

13. roy826ex

Absolutely not singling out any one person Eddie just voicing an opinion that I've had on the subject for some time. The ones who complained about it just had me speak up.

I am somewhat fortunate to have a few good tracks relatively close by that I enjoy going to. RA not being one of them but I went anyway knowing I was only a participant and to complete a schedule.

14. On the bright side, the Cycle Jam should be epic. People coming from all over the country and everyone getting to race against new people. Might be as big as the GNF.

t11ravis likes this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Put cycle Jam at BArber and you'll have somethig sweeter than Yoo-Hoo!

Wade Parish and roy826ex like this.
  16. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Everything is far from NC Region, heck I live in NY and travel 11 hrs to go to Grattan ( I have to drive through Ohio, can't skip through Canada due to no passport) and so what's 3 more hours of travel time to go to Road Atlanta, which I did last year.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  17. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

:stupid:

18. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

So how many NC people complaining about it being ON the schedule does it take to offset the "couple" that complained to put it on, or were those 1st complainers VIP's? :)

Just between you and I, was there any real thought to Gingerman being a round in 2016. Those track improvements sure do look purty.

19. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

No. RA is better no matter what you say.
    Also, I'm a Quik man myself...

Gorilla George and V5 Racer like this.
  20. This.

RA is my favorite track. I tolerate Barber; I love Road Atlanta.

t11ravis likes this.