WERA BBS fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 16, 2015.

1. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Couple other thoughts on this. I don't think any of us like the chance to have our SN changed for an entire year, so that's motivation enough to keep trying from last place. If you truly want to keep the bottom half of the league trying, let 7th place get paid a small amount, up to the entry fee. Of course, 4-6th get shafted in that situation, but it's fantasy football. Someone is going to get shafted.

Also, we can't really vote on payout structure until next season and all team owners agree that they are coming back. Like I said before, for $125, I'd probably be out. I enjoy this league, and it's turned into something pretty fun. But, I've done 4 teams the past 2 years and am looking for an excuse to cut back. Right now the leader for a cutback is my work league, but a $125 buy-in would change that.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'm with him. If I had ever won anything, it would have just been donated to the Air Fence Fund.

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

$125 Is too much. $100 is plenty, and we just increased it this year so we can hit the cruise control for a while and see how things play out. A year with no changes would be a good thing.

4. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

So we're staying with Yahoo? ;)

HPPT likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sacko Scott....meh....at least it has a ring to it....but that's pretty light

650/400/150 I think works out the best. If 4th place wants $$ then finish 3rd ;)

I really like the idea of at least an entry fee reward for regular season champ, but they get a bye week, so that may be reward enough.

6. dtalbott

How about a prize for the most roster changes? :beer:

BigBird likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is no such thing as a regular-season champ. You can finish in first place, but you still haven't won the championship. You can feel free to put that under your avatar as a little ego quote, if you want. It is slightly less sad than "most ever wins by a sacko." :D

I was the first team out of the playoff bracket. By the time the consolation bracket ended, I had dropped from seventh to 10th. The record book will say I am 10th, not 7th. I'm good with that. Like a Man. :D

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  8. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

You'd be the GOAT.

9. dtalbott

When you have the lowest graded draft every year, you have to be aggressive.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought you were doing the live draft. Haven't you been choosing your own players?

11. dtalbott

So far. Haven't been doing very well at that, though.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Maybe you should let the computer do it for you next year and see if you are better off.

13. dtalbott

Didn't you do autodraft?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes. I have to do it every year. The time of the live draft just doesn't work for me.
    Honestly, I'm not sure how much better I would do on my own. The only times it hurts me is when it picks players I would veto if I wasn't asleep. The flipside of the coin is that it is much better than me at drafting rookies because I don't watch college football.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Auto vs Live...it's pick your poison. Either way can work or not work.

Congrats again DK, but all I know is that I'm ready to win this whole thing next year

16. dtalbott

I don't think it would make a difference for me as far as the number of roster moves. I enjoy tinkering.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

A hundred bucks to keep the core group of guys works for me. Now, if we could just get the commish to show up more than once a week, it'd be perfect :D

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

How many of us are from the Founding Fathers group?
    Me, Lever, Sacko :P

19. dtalbott

Were you in the salary cap stuff we did here before ff?

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

I guess not so founding father....I was not. I was in the first iteration of the FF on Yahoo then ESPN and then back to #YahooRules #SackoSucks :D