1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Jimmy buddy just bought a full size 320 Nd the trigger is actually very nice. I'd consider it if I was looking for another full size polymer gun

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

[QUOTE="SpeedyE, post: 4753087, member: 37571

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Pulled the trigger and ordered one today: Colt LE6920 .... pick it up Friday :)
    I bought an EoTech two weeks ago, so that gets mounted. I finally have an assault rifle :D

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Bought a Magnum Research Baby Eagle III .45 on sunday. Its replacing my Ruger P89 as my CCW piece.

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Best 7.62mm "assault" weapon out there? I'm thinking about buying a WASR-10 or an M1A.

5. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges man.

What are you looking to do? Have a cheap/close-mid range rifle with cheap ammo/parts availability or a long range work horse with potentially serious accuracy?

I'm probably one of the only AK freaks on here and the WASR is really todays golden standard for a cheap, well-built AK. Century had serious quality issues years ago and unfortunately the misinformed masses continue to perpetuate that fact when talking about their current crop. If you read past the bs you'll find thats not the case anymore. If the AK is more appealing and youre willing to find a middle ground cost wise between the WASR/M1A then an Arsenal or converted Saiga would be creme de la creme for an AK.

Best of both worlds would be a M77 if you can find one at a fair price. AK in 308, still inexpensive for the platform. Not tack drivers by any means but decent accuracy with a good scope setup and AK reliability/function.

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I want something that is badass to shoot. At the range, the M1A seems to make a chill run up my spine but the $1100 price tag makes me numb.

7. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

M1A socom. badass and can smash a head in with the buttstock.

8. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

9. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

10. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Beautiful furniture and bake mag!

Hungarian pars kit (need to change the piston or brake so I can use the original grip)
    [​IMG]

11. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

DPMS GII might be at the top of my list - lighter weight than the regular AR10 platform. Not sure how they're holding up, but they've been out long enough now.
    S&W MP10 might be a good choice.
    I can't seem paying the inflated prices of all the other 7.62 semi-autos.

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

13. SpeedyE

Old nicked/dinged beat-up Poly from 1985....paid too much for it, but it has a nice 'battle weary' look about it

[​IMG]

rd400racer likes this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I need to pick up a few AK's just to have on hand as cheap, effective firepower.

15. SpeedyE

Ron, imho....when it comes to AK's buy the cheapest one(s) you can...they ALL work the same. They are the best, most durable/reliable gun ever in existence 8)

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I used to have one. Had it at my Grandpa's house and it burned up in a fire (for real, he lost everything).

17. SpeedyE

Home defense gun, registered SBS......tube is full w/ non-lethal rubber buckshot....side saddle has buck and slugs.

[​IMG]

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For someone who can't afford to move out of the hood you've got a ton of cash invested in guns :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. SpeedyE

I have to do this daily in my hood, every time I leave for work

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator