1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It may be time for Rousey...

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Mar 6, 2015.

1. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Amazing, great fight by Holly. She deserves the win.

Think the rematch when it happens will be great, Rhonda will change her training up to deal with Holly's reach and style.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I used to really like Ronda Rousey before she was a big star (the Kardashian thing).
    Every time I see her on the Tonight Show or some other TV self-promotion thing, I like her a little less. It got to the point where the last time I saw her, last month, I started hoping that this would happen.

3. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Its funny to hear people take about Rousey's lack of humbleness, respect and all the other BS is the reason she lost. That has nothing to do with the fight game. The guys in the know have said for a while now that Rousey has big holes in her fight game. And then she decides to go toe to toe with a champion kick boxer/boxer and got the dog shit beat out of her. Rousey even tried to take HH down and couldn't. Face it, the hype machine worked until a woman with skills stepped into the octagon.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

There are less and less times that she doesn't act like a total c@nt. Always acts pissed off. Maybe a little humility will be good for her. I liked her dominance, but was also hoping for and ass kicking, and she got it.

Will she be full of excuses?

5. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Dunno if your comments were directed towards me, but I never suggested those were the reasons she lost. You're absolutely right. She met a fighter with the perfect game plan and the skills to execute it.

6. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

It was a general statement made based on what I'm seeing on social media.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I was hoping one of RR boobs would come out of that top

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Whats gonna happen?? RR will find out everyone loves a winner....when they are winning, the comments are gonna get to her people she thought were "friends" will abandon her, she will groom her darkside, embrace it and fall into despair...sorry She Ain't Coming Back.

She looked into the Mirror and Saw The Emotional Abyss...it will consume her.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's one possible outcome. Hopefully, you used up all your predictive mojo earlier in this thread. She was/is entertaining. Sure, like McGregor she needed someone to step into the octagon & shut her mouth like someone will eventually do to him. Doesn't mean their careers will be over at that moment.

This is definitely a pivotal moment, though.

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The problem is She BELIEVED all that stuff DanaWhite and HerFans told her....it wasn't true...HH Proved it Last Night...
    Seriously, and RR KNOWS it Now...She pitbull'd her way for a few seconds in those fights, people told her she was Special..and some of her opponents thought so too...but when the Truth was brought to Light she was Average at best.

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

No matter how good you are, there is always someone better.

Hubris got the best of RR and she thought she could stand with a boxer. She should have stuck to her judo and likely won the fight.

12. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Love her or hate her, there is nothing average about her fight game. She's a world class fighter who had her weaknesses (which every fighter has) exploited by an intelligent, talented fighter.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

The one thing that separates her from totally being Mayweather, well besides the $50M fights, is that she actually fights the best oppponent at the time, or at least that's how it seems to the me, a definite non-MMA fan.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sorry, there is simply no way she would have won that fight. HH was clearly the more disciplined and more well rounded fighter.

Rousey tried to tie her up and she clearly trained how to escape that and studied her opponent.

She beat Rousey at her own game then dominated Rousey using her own style.

Rousey learned last night that she can't always count on her arm technique to dominate. Sooner or later a fighter would come along with an actual arsenal of moves.

She was better with her hands, her kicks, her fitness, her ability to read her opponent.

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Exactly. Rousey is one of the greatest females of all time and her record would show the absolute best.

But now there are new fighters coming in daily and learning fast and Rousey will need to expand her moves.

If you are gonna try to go fist to fist with a boxer, you better have your hand game in check.

16. condon66

condon66 Member well known

She didn't have the chance to fight HH the way she fought everybody else. That's why she lost. HH wasn't about to let RR do what she's done to every opponent. She fought RR the way she had to be fought in order to beat her. She kept her at a distance with her boxing skills. Rousey fought someone who knows how to beat her.

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

+1

No matter what people say about her in how she carries herself, she can never be accused of dodging the best fighters like Mayweather. His claim to undefeated will forever be reputed for him taking butter fights and waiting for top fighters years after their prime. Pacquiao being the obvious example.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Holly turned out Ronda's lights. The party was over.

19. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Wonder if she thinks she can still take Mayweather? :D

20. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I just watched entire fight. About how I thought it might go when posted in Sept. She actually handled Rousey well when in the clinch and when taken down. I knew she (HH) was quicker, and she was the faster, stronger, and bigger gal. RR couldn't handle her this night.