1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slick on the RSV4 for New Jersey

Discussion in 'General' started by ckruzel, Sep 4, 2015.

1. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Depends on if you wNt to run at the back of the MotoAmerica superbike pack or not. The Honda is not a good bike to be on.

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Handles well, but that is it

5. 418

418 Expert #59

G. May seemed to be impressed...

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If I was getting a tryout with a team that will have all new bikes next year, I would be talking like I was really impressed, too. Even if the bike was the biggest POS I had ever ridden.

I doubt it is a shocker to the TT guys that the Honda is not the best bike in the paddock.

7. backcountryme

My is an awesom rider, but he hasn't been able to keep up with Danny in the last few seasons. Not taking anything away from him, but it is pretty well thought that Danny can get all the performance out of a bike. I'll go with the idea that May is angling for a ride next year.

8. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

my sentiments :beer:

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Out write HP is NOT required at the TT, ( Some may say diff) and the Honda handling is good for there

10. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

the honda has very linear power and it's a very good handling bike

11. backcountryme

I think Danny is getting along with the Ape. Not sure about May. Seems to be struggling with the honda.

Attached Files:

12. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Looks like the whole group are in sstk, seems like there isn't much of a point in having sbk

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Man I hope Suzuki and the other factories bring something real to SBK racing soon. I don't have anything against Cam or Josh, but it's like watching Michael Jordan's Bulls play against a JV squad. Graves and Yamaha spend so much more money than everyone else. Nobody else has even won a race this year have they?

14. ton

ton Arf!

not that it would really change the outcome any, but i'd prefer to have MA follow the BSB model for creating parity in the SBK category. i'm no fan of the confusion that two categories in one race creates.

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That's what people said when Mladdin and Spies were crushing it every year...:Poke:

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

10'years ago when that bike was state of the art.

It almost has carbs and points.

Props to roger and jake for riding it so well

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

So why can't Danny secure a decent, season long ride? Seems like the factory/factory supported teams won't touch him with a 10' pole, even though he's shown he can ride at the pointy end.

You are all Danny all the time so share what's going on with the class.

Is it the Geico deal? What happened?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Danny has burnt some bridges with his off track antics. Specifics don't matter but that's an issue for a number of potential teams and sponsors I've talked to about it.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Danny has probably more outright talent than most.

He's old school. Not politically correct, not a choirboy and damn sure matches to his own drum.

Factories want trained robots.

He's IMO what the series needs more of. PERSONALITY.

He's a younger version of a Colin Edwards.

Has proven to ride the shit out of anything. Yet has no problems telling you if td junk.

Again, he's a throwback. He'd fit in perfect in the 60's-80's!

20. Have to behave around people paying the bills. If they want a robot you give them a robot, they are paying you to act like a robot.

On a side note he has done some pretty fun non-politically correct shit. Funny doesn't always pay the bills though, especially when you offend people holding that money.