Marine Women in Combat

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Jedb, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

My guess is that those who were complaining of unfair treatment just did not get the preferential tratment they are accustomed to. 2 of 24 made it through. If it were me in charge I would look at why they made it through and not the excuses of the ones that failed.

3. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Wonder how much this 9 month study cost....

4. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

As having served 6 yrs in the Marine Corps, that article is a bunch of political bullshit. Ask any vet that served in combat, and they will tell you that no way a wookie could handle combat. And they are quoting a fuckin reservist on a study he did? Guess that one weekend a month makes him an expert on serving in the FMF.

Just more PC shit because 2 broads made it through ranger school. I have close friends that are rangers, and work with a guy who served 28 yrs in the Corps. And he has seen combat from the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beruit, which he was there, to Grenada, Desert Storm, Iraq, and wherever else, and I have had conversations with him about this. He laughs, then stops. looks at you with a straight face,(he also did 2 yrs on the drill field at PI) and says Seriously? then goes back to what he was doing.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Can't wait for the endless court proceedings this moronic bullshit will produce.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I cant wait to see some (and I dont mean the token two or three) coming home in boxes just like men. Women need to be fighting and dying just like men or they need to be taken completely out of command lines that involve sending men to their deaths.

7. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I do not know the numbers, but I do there were more than a few who did come home in boxes while serving in non-combat roles.

A good friend of mine and former shipmate had to learn how to walk again after the second time she was wounded in Iraq while working with a CB battalion. She returned ultimately returned to full active duty and she is a reservist.

I am not one in support of women in combat roles, however, that does not mean there isn't a place for them to be effective and we should recognize that women have already made the ultimate sacrifice in the service.

8. Fonda Dix

NO woman should be in a position that commands men in roles that she does not fulfill herself. Nor should any female leader, especially a President, be in a position to send men to their deaths. Men have underwritten the safety of women since the beginning and outliers like your friend dont settle that account.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Good thing you don't feel the same way about blacks.

Or Hispanics. Or left-handers.

You've spouted some dumb shit about women before, but this is pretty much as nonsensical as it gets. :rolleyes:

10. Fonda Dix

Nope, black MEN and left handed MEN do fight and die in battle. They also register for selective service and are sent directly into battle.

Women dont.

Sorry your white knight sensibilities and cuckolded political views prevent you from seeing the problem with that imbalance.

11. pickled egg

Horseshit, Chris.

Your delusional hatred of women not barefoot, pregnant and walking two steps behind you makes pretty much anything you have to say on gender issues as worthless as anything that Turd Taster writes.

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

13. Fonda Dix

so they represent 2.13% of casualties yet they make up 50% of the population. kind of proves that males continue to underwrite the safety and political interests of females.

Its not an insult. Its not misogyny. Its just fact.

14. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

So you can't wait to see US soldiers coming home in body bags? You really are a piece of work if that is your stance.

15. Fonda Dix

No, I want to see parity between those who benefit from war (all Americans) and those who do the dying (men)

I also want to see the children of the rich suffering the same sacrifice as the poor disproportionately die in war and the rich disproportionately benefit.

16. pickled egg

And you disparage efforts by women to join up and fight.

Did you get beat up by girls in your "formative" years or something?

17. Fonda Dix

I dont think you are correct with the statement.

I have disparaged those who have been given the gift of lowered standards. I have disparaged those who put male lives at risk with social experiments. However, I dont recall ever saying that women should not be given an equal chance at anything.

I get my ass handed to me every day by female competitors in business. The playing field is level and they flat out beat me. I have no problem with that.

However, once the playing field is tilted to favor one over the other, be it due to gender, race, or whatever, I have a problem.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

They make up a little over 14% of all military personnel. They are not allowed in combat arms roles, this does not mean they are not put in harms way. There is no social experiment in a combat zone.

Go fuck yourself. I'm done.

19. ton

ton Arf!

worst self analysis ever

20. Fonda Dix

It was not my intention to make you angry. My opinion means nothing. I am a nobody with no authority and no influence.

Also, I assume you served, correct? Well, I didn't. This fact alone make my opinion on military issues kind of pointless drivel.