1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Im sorry, you can't have fair oversight without every party having a voice. Sounds like what you want is a lynch mob.

2. Rob, what aspects of the oversight being conducted by the actual people the police work for, are supposed to protect, and are paid by, make it seem like a lynch mob to you?

What you have proposed sounds like what we already have. Police being policed by themselves, and their closest allies. It offers little to no check and balance to their authority.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Let me take a wild guess here: Buffalo Bills fan? :D
    OK, now you're just making up words because you know most of us don't know better.

4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

5. chas

chas Well-Known Member

I don't think the question is "why should we respect cops like this guy?" but rather, Why is there a growing trend for disrespect towards all cops, due to the small percentage of incidents overall, that the main stream media feels needs to be reported on as headline news?

You can't argue that media tends to push the negative of pretty much everything they report on at a much larger scale, then reporting on the positive. And you can't question that the media reports are heavily weighted towards a specific agenda that they seem to be pushing (white person kills black person is always in the headline, front and center. Yet when it's the other way around, there seems to be for the most part, race ever mentioned). Very biased reporting.

Another big issue is the liberals seem to grab onto anything that has something to do with pointing our how bad cops are, yet they are no where when it comes to supporting the police when bad things happen to them for no other reason then they are dressed in a uniform. We even see it on here. claims about how cops are evil, enforcing laws that shouldnt be there, let's vilify them for that. Then they wonder why it has become an US vs THEM state. Not a peep about the office in Shreveport LA who was shot/killed last night responding to a domestic situation...

Hell, I know Im glad I went into technology rather then continuing in law enforcement. The vocal unappreciative minority makes it less and less worth serving the public as a law enforcement officer.

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well, I don't disrespect cops overall but I also don't respect how good cops cover for the bad ones. With everybody turning into a mini film crew these days the shit they've been pulling for years is getting a lot more exposure......and I think that's a good thing.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

8. chas

chas Well-Known Member

So is it all the good cops cover up for the bad cops?

I would almost say it's more glamorous to be a sanitation engineer then a cop... probably garners more public respect at least.

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's what we think the peaceful Muslims do for the terrorists.

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

No, I'm sure the bad cops cover up for bad cops too. Who said it's glamorous being a cop? Man, I wouldn't want the job.

12. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Those evil police just keep helping people time and time again...

http://abc7chicago.com/traffic/sheriffs-police-save-teen-driver-from-fiery-wreck/904096/

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...ice-save-woman-middletown-heroin-od/31066535/

http://www.cbs46.com/story/28595572/exclusive-officer-saves-child-in-house-fire

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Hey man, I never said they're all bad and of course, the good ones aren't the ones that piss people off.

And BTW, didn't you say the good ones never get press coverage? Hmmmm?

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well, occasionally you gotta stop popping a cap in peoples asses and do the right thing...:D

16. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Dude, you just proved my point...

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I was not trying to prove or disprove anything but you're welcome. :D

18. :up::D

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I Googled Shreveport LA police:

He's right, aside to these 500+ articles on all the major news sites, absolutely no mention of the cop in Shreveport being shot. :rolleyes:

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ooh, that's good! :D