1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I still say film away, film all of it. Hell, now you going to say you're against body cameras. What is wrong with video evidence? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of how the media likes to portray things but for example, don't you think the Ferguson thing would have went way different if there was video evidence of what Brown was doing?

2. :crackup:

I'm pretty sure that's Rob P's definition. You hit that one on the head. Does he need to get a last meal for it to qualify?:D

On the subject of camera's and the media, it seems they are finally having an effect, and the tides may be turning towards the way of accountability.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? I'm not sure having the bear guard the honey pot is the best way to regain the public trust. Make no mistake, that trust has suffered greatly and the job of the police is that much more difficult as a consequence.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

See RFKA, this is exactly what I was talking about in my immediately prior post. You've seen a video that you think shows exactly what happened and yet you've missed a lot of the situation as it actually happened. Like all of us you've read the after-event reports of what actually took place yet you still have not moved beyond that single piece of video.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You do realize that according to you and your views of most all police being criminals who don't get even a courtesy innocent until proven guilty you already believe that criminals are policing criminals...

6. Actually, the full eleven minute video is pretty telling. They had absolutely no proof that he was selling cigarettes that time. Also, he made no threatening move towards them. What do you think we're not seeing in the video that would justify the cop's actions?

7. I have never once said that most police are criminals. I'll send $20 to the AFF and $20 to you right now, if you can find a quote of me where I've said that.

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Huh?:confused::D

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Thank you, thank you. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that noticed that. I thought I was losing it. :)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course you've never said it directly. Then you'd have to actually state something, instead you try and bounce around the whole thing so no one can hold you to a set belief when you want to change your mind. However your posts show a very clear set of beliefs about police and how you feel about them. It's not rocket science to read someone as simple as you.

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

That sentence is a criminal assault on the English language. :D

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I'm the last person who should point that out with my grammar being all phooked up and the terrible puncuation but ya ...:crackup::crackup:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I know, but look who it was directed at :crackup:

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

:confused: Why not? Doesn't that solve the problem?

:)

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No, See my post above.
    It is the People that have oversight, not the police.
    Police oversight can't be the only oversight, because that is no oversight at all.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude, it was like stream consciousness man. It just rolled out of my head and through the keyboard....

:crackup:

I can't even reread it :eek:

17. chas

chas Well-Known Member

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

He has a tremendous amount of white guilt because he himself was a slave that got to sleep in the big house because he was white. Guilt, guilt, guilt. The shame of it all.

19. Wrong again, great Mung, master of the english language. I have respect for all of the good cops out there, and realize that in some jurisdictions, their job is very tough.

The great pretentious Mung thinks I'm simple and thinks he can read me. Oh no. Better brush up on my complexity.:D

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

All good, I just figured you were drinking...LOL