1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

You poor thing. If you want to question something, then I recommend you question where you can receive lessons in reading comprehension. Where did I say they don't need oversight? Of course they need oversight. Just not by fuckheads.

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

[​IMG]

3. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

So his foot came off the brake because he was shot in the head, then moved over four inches to the right while he was dead an depressed the gas pedal to the floor? Sounds plausible.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

If he were a two footed (one on gas one on brake) driver that is actually quite possible as his body rigors from the synopsis firing when he brain matter exits the back of his head.

The OBD will tell whether or not that happened. Its a leap but it is possible.

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Put your car on flat level ground.. Put it in drive, take your foot off the brake...
    Or place your left foot on the brake, right foot on the gas and have someone hit you in the head really hard with a hammer.

Please post your results when you get out of the hospital....:)

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I see that your pendulum has swung in the other direction again. :D

7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

So if there is a rouge SOB who thinks it's OK to rough people up for whatever or do some other BS that has been exposed over the years you don't think people should be filming it and shedding the light of the camera on it? I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. Why are the people that expose this behavior "fuckheads"? As far as I'm concerned it's civilian oversight.

8. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

.....your specific lessons should probably begin at the second grade level. Public school second grade, that is.

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Okay, driver foot on brake gets shot in the head releases brake and car rolls. Let's assume flat land, the car rolls about 5mph. It would take 4.1 seconds for the car to travel 30 feet. That neglects acceleration from standstill to 5mph so you need to add time, probably in the 6 second range. Body camera is worn on the vest, cop is say 6ft tall so camera is about 4.5 ft off the ground (about 1.35m) gravity acceleration is 9.81m/s^2 which means in the first second an object will fall almost 10 meters, so let's assume it takes about 0.2 seconds to fall. See the mismatch there?

Okay case two, he's a two footed driver (let's neglect the fact he was struggling had to put the car in gear and the coordination it would take to manage these tasks). When you have a severe brain injury you posture. There is decorticate and decerabrate posturing, both cause the legs to extend. If he has one foot fully depressing the brake and the other depressing the gas he will depress both pedals fully, full gas, full brakes. On most cars the brakes are more powerful than the engine, it's a safety feature. In a tug of war the brakes should win. But let's assume they don't. Let's say the engine wins and the car moves. Car is two wheel drive, not four. So what should occur? Driven wheels accelerate the car, non driven wheels remain locked. What would that look like? A long ass number 11 where the locked wheels dragged until the car came to a stop. I saw no evidence of skid marks did you?
    Case three, one foot on gas as if he were driving away, gas pedal fully depressed car accelerates out of control. Which is what the video shows.

10. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

It's mob mentality, not oversight. Oversight means you take a look at all factors, including the behaviors of both parties along with laws, policies and all the evidence.

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I put my car on flat level ground and took my foot off the brake. You know how long it took to accelerate? Forever! You know how fast I was going? Four, yes FOUR miles per hour.

Britt, those are the facts that a jury will be presented with and that is what we should be focusing on in a discussion. I've covered posturing so feel free to look at it.

If you want to discuss facts, present some. If you want to have an emotion driven irrational argument, save it I have a wife for that.

12. Because the person who watched one pretty conclusive video wasn't guided by a DA who is friends with the police.

13. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

It sounds like he might be a fuckhead, though. Who are we talking about?

14. Anyone who doesn't tongue the cop's booty holes. Anyone with a brain not guided by fear and/or anger.

15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Okay, that's just too funny not to quote.

Someone has Jungle Fever for the criminal element! Not saying who, but he looks like a Chucky doll!:crackup:

16. Jungle Fever for the criminal element? The "criminal element" whatever that is, is black?:confused:

People who rob, steal, rape, pimp, assault, murder, etc. should be arrested and prosecuted, but they shouldn't be executed by the cops.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You seem to harbor a whole lot of white guilt. Were your ancestors slave owners/traders?:crackup:

18. Why would I feel guilty for being white? Only time I can remember feeling any kind of guilt like that is when talking about my mom or dad to friends who have lost theirs, but that's only because I assumed it would make them think of theirs and miss them. It had nothing to do with race.

My ancestors came to this country from Italy and Ireland, well after the emancipation proclamation.

Edit: While we're asking personal questions, you seem to waver on the issue of holding the police responsible for their actions. Does your position on the issue depend on wether you and your wife are currently fighting or not? Like when you're mad at her, you want to hold the police responsible?:D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
  19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Please cite your overwhelming proof of this.

20. The overwhelming proof is that I watched the video, and my assessment wasn't guided by the DA. Just like many other reasonable people who watched the video.