1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been away from Cicny for a long time, when I went to school there they were restricted to the campus although they were technically city cops.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His young and dumb killed someone.

3. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

If the car bumps you, you fall and break your neck, you were killed by the car. A car is a deadly weapon same as a 300lb unarmed man.

4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Well Dubose's 43 years of wisdom didn't exactly help...

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You've got a gun out and ahold of the belt, let go and take half a step back...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Neither stupid should have been deadly.

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I don't think he ever should have reached in the car. As I've stated, the problem with the vest cam is that if the car was moving and the officer was being dragged then the image is going to appear as if they are stationary until the two separate.

One person has said that Dubose may have hit the accelerator as a flight reflex when he saw the gun. That's a valid point. The flip side of that is that the cop could have been holding onto the belt because he was being dragged and was trying not to get dragged under the car. Self preservation.

The only real way to tell will be to see other angles, especially the dash cam from the cruiser.
    I think the important thing to get at here is the truth.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed on him grabbing the belt and the way the shot would look.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Or untied shoe laces? It's a scary, scary world full off scary, scary things. I think I'll just stay in bed. I hope my pillow doesn't suffocate me. I have the PPK next to the bed just in case.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You need to read this: http://brandonjsullivan.com/rants/instant-replay-samuel-dubose/

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Thanks R :up:
    Yeah, it does seem as he landed a distance from where it started....I also think I hear the motor start to spin up right before the shot.
    He might well have been getting dragged, on second look. Who would hit the gas w/ a person hanging out of your car? The dead guy :-/

Whelp, maybe it all was justified. The dashcam will help too.
    I truly hope he was dragged, cause I really liked everything about that cop.

And even if it was a panic/accidental/adrenaline gunshot, I do not think it deserves a murder charge....accidental manslaughter at best.

And again, the guns LEO across the land are being striker fired guns.....accidental shootings have increased a measurable amount. They need to get back the SiG/HK/92's w/ double-action first round.....much safer in a stress or physical situation.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Have you ever heard of the NY trigger on Glocks? It's a really heavy trigger pull designed to reduce accidental discharge.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Is that a rhetorical question?

16. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Go for murder accept a plea or conviction for a lessor charge. Common strategy.

17. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Ya..the South Central model has the sights on the side for that ganstah style of shooting.

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Shot shot/killed in Memphis.

Disturbing to see comments along the lines of, warning cops that this is what happens when the kill young black men.

The liberals sure like their Che's.

19. Looks like officer itchy trigger finger is gonna have to pay ol Booby a visit and shoot him dead. He's planning on breaking the law.:D

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds