1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

That's total bullshit, you're an idiot.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why would they knowingly fabricate a story when they know the incident was filmed?

I would guess that the guy did appear to be dragged. He was reaching into the car and moving forward as the car began to move. It had obviously been put into gear and the accelerator pressed.

I don't think he meant to kill the guy but the guy's actions likely put him on edge, and with the lunge forward and the attempt to take off, a survival instinct took hold. Unfortunately that survival instinct was "shoot" instead of "dive for cover".

Now, because of the political and media climate, what should be an unfortunate outcome from the interaction of two idiots will instead become "another poor innocent black man murdered by an evil white cop", which will only widen the gap between these two groups and make similar or worse incidents even more likely to occur.

4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

If he was being dragged the camera POV would show him as stationary compared to the video. I'm curious what the cruisers dash cam shows.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It wouldn't have been but for a few feet, if at all. Maybe he only feared that he'd be dragged. If he hadn't shot and fallen backward, maybe the guy would have grabbed him.

Dash cam will help, but in the end you really only have the officers testimony regarding his decision process. If he honestly feared for his life and felt his only option was deadly force, then he is technically justified because at that proximity, a car is a deadly weapon (he could have cranked the wheel to the left and run over the cop with the back tires).

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Monte, no need for name calling...come now spirited debate, not 3rd grade.:p

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Given your logic, any cop standing next to a motor vehicle would be justified in using deadly force if he felt threatened. Do you really want to go down that road? Many things can be deadly weapons.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

:crackup::crackup:

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The cop's camera shows that the car didn't move until after he shot the guy. He wasn't dragged at all. No reason to fire his gun.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you that dense? The car was in motion and they were physically struggling with each other. It is concievable that this could have easily resulted in the cop's death.

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

If the dash cam shows the car moving before he drew his weapon, he walks, plain and simple.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Is this really a case of civilian/cop relationship or just convenient to blame the cops?

I say this because I would see this more as a civilian/politician deals. The latter are 'crack' addicts. The 'crack' being revenue. To this effect, the cop shields the politician. This is why so often complaints about policing fall on deaf ears.

13. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

That is a short joke at my own expense

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If you are you going to start shooting people before they can turn the steering wheel your way, should you allow any potential but unrealized threat to be met with deadly force? Perhaps you should check your own density, Captain Obtuse.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If a guy pulls a gun on you, do you have to wait until he gets it aimed at you to shoot him?

16. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Except it doesn't, not in any of the videos I've seen. The whole time the cop is interacting with the driver you can see the drivers hands. There was no reason for him to even have his gun unholstered. The cop is a stupid trigger happy jerkoff, plain and simple.

17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

That straw man doesn't apply in this case.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How is it a straw man? It's a direct comparison to using the car as a deadly weapon. As soon as the guy attempts to use the car to combat the policeman, it becomes assault with a deadly weapon.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd be interested to find out just what was going on with the guy that made him so non-compliant. Was he drunk/high? Did he have a suspended license or a warrant? Was there something illegal in the car? If not, why not just be respectful and follow the policeman's directions?

20. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Easy, the cop was standing next to the car. This cop was stupid and I don't feel bad for what is coming his way.