1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden finally open to racing WSBK?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Look at who said it, even he doesn't know what he's typing :crackup:

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That's an understatement.

3. ped

ped Banned

Not only are there no wsbk teams hiring american champions, washed up former wsbk riders are coming here and finishing top 5 overall....with a superstock bike. :crackup:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And again - what exactly is your point?

There's a former World Champion running an Endurance race in P4 too. I've seen Ben Spies and Kevin Schwantz run an endurance race and not win - same year Ben won a championship. The sky is blue. Water is wet.

I am still also truly curious as to how you get your knowledge of the inner working of every WSB team.

5. The number of points he scored, when you rated his performance as "not bad."

:crackup: You're so dumb!

I said basically the same thing you said, The Great Mung, except I didn't have to make excuses about the team, that reached the podium four times with their other rider and scored 146 points with him. Infinitely more than they scored with Herrin.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're as clueless about racing at any level as PED and you still think you should be heard. Sad really.

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

"I have said power doesn't matter - until you're a fast expert."

I wondered why I wasn't magically going faster, nowwww you tell me.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

To be fair to Herrin, his teammate knew all the tracks, had ridden those type bikes, and accustomed to European culture.

We threw a kid overseas with his girlfriend and said good luck.

Hell, he couldn't even get the team to change the windscreen to suit his style.

Not making excuses for him, but there were always riders who had experience there who finished worse...

Not to mention Zarco had the latest/greatest parts while Herrin got the stuff Zarco didn't like/want.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

And a young American rider in his first season on a big bike finishing ten seconds in front of him.

Still, none of it means a f#cking thing to the discussion at hand. I'm still trying to figure out what point you're trying to make. That American riders suck?

You never answered my question. In your expert opinion, is Hayes a WSBK backmarker?

10. Yet we came to the same conclusion regarding Herrin's moto 2 season. Interesting, considering that you know nothing about riding a motorcycle at even a club racing speed. You must have gotten lucky with that conclusion.

Your level of narcissism is what's sad.

11. Hayes would be at the front of WSBK, given a decent bike, and I have no doubt that he would have scored some points on the Caterham Moto 2 bike, if given the chance. I think Cam would have too.

12. ped

ped Banned

On current equipment at Laguna he's doing decent sp1 times. Herrin beat him and didn't come anywhere near Zarco. No teams seem to be knocking down his door. Or even to the riders that he loses to.

should tell you something

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So the Tweedles dumb up threads outside the Dungeon too?

I laugh in your General direction, lowly mortals! :p

Attached Files:

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

One more time in English please.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hey! My feed looks just like that!:up:

16. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

This example is really really flawed. No one can take away Herrin's AMA championship but anyone who actually watched that season knows that Hayes was more often the faster rider on the bike. Jump start penalties is how Hayes lost that title.

17. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^^^ how did I get sucked in this thread lol

Checking out before I can't escape..............

18. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

from 2008 to 2009, Mladin went from a 1:23.7 to a 1:25.0 around Laguna. the rules changed and the bikes got slower. Laguna was his last win of the year, he didnt give up until 2 rounds later when he sat out. Hayes wasnt in the class in 08, but did a 1:25.4 in 09. if anything, these results show that Hayes when on comparable equipment was as fast as Mladin and therefore Spies.

Herrin's results in Moto2 really have no validity in this convo. he went from the best bike on the grid w/ some of the best electronics to a bike w/ no advantages over his competitors w/ practically no electronics. major equipment changes like that weaken any discussion about rider talent, esp when the rider only gets 10 races to acclimatize to the whole circus. its silly to talk about this comparison when the question at hand is how Hayes would do in WSBK on WSBK equipment.

19. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

Hayes has mentioned on Motopod interviews a few times that he's had offers from teams overseas, but he's at a point in his career that he needs to maximize earning now, and the offers weren't enough to draw him over there. He's no spring chicken, its not like you can go over there for peanuts and have a mediocre year, don't get your option picked up and wind up back home a year older and with a different paddock situation than you left.

I hope PJ makes the jump to SBK next year, and Cam heads over there as well to compete on that level. Would be cool if Hayden gets a ride as well.

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

From what I've read from various credible sources mostly Euro press for what it's worth.

Hayes has respect from European teams, however Herrin did not and most AMA guys will have it tough. AMA is not currently viewed as a "Triple AAA" feeder series. Exceptions don't prove anything any more than I believe the NFL will find it's next star QB playing indoor league and bagging groceries like Kurt Warner.

I believe Cam will get a shot to go direct. I hope so!

Most others are probably better off (IMHO) going the route of PJ and others...prove themselves in a Euro series and jump into a world ride. I've said it before how cool would it be to see both PJ and Cam on good World-level teams.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015