1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPA Scotus decision and liberal spin

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fonda Dix, Jun 29, 2015.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yes there are. Unfortunately some do not understand that they interact with each other. If the financial burden is too great it will negatively influence alot of other things.

:crackup: Its so cute when you are idealistic. Things are done in steps because it takes time to indoctrinate people. If someone tried to change shit all at once it would be rejected outright but if they do it in small steps with lots of buzz phrases like "common sense regulations" and social engineering thru the education system they can eventually get their way. See Canadian gun control as an example.

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

you mean doing something to improve the health of Americans and for the greater good without fully analyzing the negative impact is something they would do?

<cough>ACA<cough>

4. It's so cute when you're paranoid and unrealistic. Things are done in steps because the financial burden on the companies would be too great if they were done all at once.

Unfortunately, some do not understand that if the burden we place on the Earth is too great, it will negatively influence just about everything.

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

0-2

6. Fonda Dix

LOVE this! It implies that if you care about the economic impact on an equal level as the environmental impact, you just dont understand something as simple as the human impact on earth. You must be stupid (or a denier). Good stuff.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Some of us have a geology background and very likely understand how things interact with the Earth better than someone who plays other peoples music for a living.:Poke::D

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Are you familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect?

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:
    I am now. Thank you for that!:up:

10. I guess you didn't pay any attention to the part of my post that addressed the economic impact? The human impact on earth is more important. Humans have already proven that they can survive the collapse of currencies and financial systems. We have yet to demonstrate the ability to survive without clean water.

While we're discussing occupations, in what industry do you put that geological background to use? :Poke::D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: That is fantastic.

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That would be the oil industry. You know, the people who provide the power and infrastructure that makes wind power, solar power and hybrid cars possible. Oh ya, and we also provide the raw material for plastics that the environmentalists use in their protest kayaks. Its a pretty long list but I will stop there. :D

13. chas

chas Well-Known Member

So you can show us where and when in human history, an entire civilization that is incapable of taking care of itself, has survived economic collapse?

Do you know how many people in urban/suburban areas would end up becoming helpless from even the smallest crash which would erode their ability to go to the local market and somehow attempt to get food/water (you know, basic living essentials) when there is no currency to buy those essentials?

I am thinking an economical collapse would be far greater and far more devastating in todays world then anything that has been seen in history.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Most science degrees have a purpose. :D

My geological background was developed through geotechnical engineering. Generally, geotechnical reports include a very detail geological summary of the area/region.

I have to say that my educational and practical background in Ocean & Engineering makes it difficult to buy into the scare tactics.

I have commented on this but the beauty of this Planet is its violence. A beautiful thing indeed.

15. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

I would guess about 95%. Its bad enough when the stores run out of bread, milk, and eggs during a snow storm around here. People are about to resort to cannibalism.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If it costs 100 billion dollars to save a life, it's worth it.

17. I'm not sure what the "incapable of caring for itself" is about, but both Germany, and the former USSR have survived economic collapse.

Show me a human that can survive without clean water.

18. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

It would make Ferguson look like Disney land. Hell, if most people watched the movie "earthlings" on youtube, they would probably turn vegan and die out from lack of food.... People have no idea.

19. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Naive. They knew exactly what the consequences would be..more power and wealth transfer.

20. Fonda Dix

aware.

the whole climate change thing is also just another transfer of wealth.