1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every day it gets tougher to be black

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

forget the racist issues surrounding the flag. Isnt the flag of traitors to the United States?

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Honestly,im not sure how to read that response.....If its calling me a Liberal,youd be sorely mistaken:D

3. britx303

So Native american genocide isnt racist? Hmmm....interesting.Or is it "Quick everybody,re-write history so the U.S.' dirty laundry is forgotten"? Nah,no thanks

4. Fonda Dix

what in the heck are you talking about?

I am asking why would we allow the confederate flag, post reconstruction, since it represents traitors to the United States?

How you got injuns and history writing out of that needs to be explained.

5. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Done deal huh? That's funny, it'll take two thirds of the SC House and Senate to take the flag off the War Memorial and they haven't voted yet. Time will tell but I doubt Strom Thurmond's kid can overrule the law.:D

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No...the twat in the article.

7. britx303

:crackup:Yeah sorry,I crossed up a few different responses.....:crackup:

8. britx303

AAhh jeez,I need to go to sleep:crackup:

9. Fonda Dix

Are we talking Thurmonds son or his biracial love child?

10. ton

ton Arf!

i've always wondered why the US gov't allows state gov't buildings to display it for that very reason.

and, of course, why the hell would a state want to glorify it's own treason and loss ?

11. Fonda Dix

:crackup:

I was like, "I dont know how I can possibly respond to this"

12. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Take your pick, neither one means jack shit.:D

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Constitution?

14. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

We still making fun of gingers or what?

15. ton

ton Arf!

reasonable arguments on both sides as to whether the first, 13th, and 14th amendments extend to state display of such a symbol. it's not yet been decided, and as such remains constitutional.

outside of the questions of racism, i'd think that if the Federal gov't mandated removal of a symbol of treason to the United States, the states would lose because First amendment protections wouldn't extend to state speech of that sort.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And yet burning or desecrating the US flag is protected speech. Seems a bit inconsistent to me.

17. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

That and states rights.... Anything that isn't specifically listed in the constitution as a "right" of the federal government, is reserved for the states and the people... The federal government isn't exactly smart, but they do know which battles to pick and choose in order to keep the supreme court from getting involved and setting precedent that will screw up all of their plans. Getting nailed for free speech and states rights all at once could mess up all kinds of things for the feds.

18. charles

charles The Transporter

I say it will be a done deal. Wanna bet on it?

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Treason...Isn't it strange how this issue is rarely brought up for discussion?

20. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Treason?
    The Confederates didn't want to overthrow the Federals. They wanted to remove themselves from the tyranny of the Federals.

Can someone please explain to me why the word treason would be applicable? Serious question...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015