1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retirement / Your version of a dream retreat/house/cabin/etc....

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Jun 16, 2015.

1. ianjoub

ianjoub Well-Known Member

This was us over Memorial Day weekend .... It is a fine life!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

That looks nice, new, and expensive ))

3. ianjoub

rental :p

4. sandboxshooter

sandboxshooter Well-Known Member

Here's mine. I have 2 houses now and when I simplify, this is what I want.

[​IMG]

5. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Move back to Australia. Maybe around the Yarra Ranges N.P. (near Healeville or Warburton) so country life with big city (Melbourne) reasonably close by. Also not far from Philips Island either. :D

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LIKE! :up:

I'd probably have the cabin portion twice the size it is there and save the last section (column before the fireplace) as an outdoor area with o/d kitchen and all.....have always preferred that flat cut style log cabin.

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

:up: Colorado may be a good choice for this, if there is still any affordable part of the front range when I retire.

8. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

I have dreamed about building a container home, something like this picture, with a poured concrete basement/garage under it somewhere in the mountains between Roanoke VA and Asheville NC... Use it as a hunting camp/vacation home until the kids are grown, then sell the house in PA and move down there full time.
    [​IMG]

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsuwNfRU_8, this shows the interior, which was done kinda cool...

9. caferace

caferace No.

Back to the Northern Sierras. Peace and quiet.

-jim

10. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Is this in Charleston?

12. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Near Needmore Rd?
    Damn I miss living in the Gorge area.

13. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

I love the idea of the low maintenance container homes at various locations around the country/continent.
    [​IMG]
    I think I saw this on the beeb.

14. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

Without getting to deep in my explanation I would like a log cabin type house in the mountains around Jackson hole. I could easily retire there and I figure if I had the money to have that type of house I could afford to store my bike at a track somewhere and fly out to ride it when i felt like it.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

When/where I want to settle down

[​IMG]

16. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

^

This guy right here! Go hard, I expected nothing less as a response from you Cortez :rock:

I'm down for the simple life, backback and a bike. Small plot of land to grow our garden and small simple house. I'd be happy, so would my girl :up: One thing I've noticed in all my soul searching, life experiences and ups and downs. My happiness level has never changed with "more". I try to instill that in my two boys. Then we go and race motorcycles, bicycles etc! I'm thinking I send mixed signals... :D

17. ianjoub

Sunshine Skyway bridge between St. Pete. and Sarasota FL in Tampa Bay.

[​IMG]

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So you're going to wait until you're old and broken down to do all of that tough physical stuff? :Poke:

20. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Living the dream but not retired yet.

Home base on Sunset Beach

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Condo on Marsh Harbour

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Property back in Ohio

[​IMG]