1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crowd funding for racing

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott Swensgard, Sep 7, 2014.

1. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

2. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I offered to buy a shirt, but I have done that in the past as well. The only difference I see with hers is that if the goal is not reached, then no one pays anything and no one gets anything. Even if her efforts dont succeed, I will still buy a shirt

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yep, bought a shirt in the past, would buy another in a heartbeat.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm going to crowd source a new pool this summer. All contributors get 1 hour user per $10 contributed.

5. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

:D

6. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I would do the same. But agree with just about everyone else on this subject.

7. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

8. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

$10 to sh!t in your pool? Sign me up :D

9. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

I like this b/c it's offering up tangible items at market rates. I needed an XYZ widget anyway, so I 'donated' and now I get widget and the program gets my cash. Win win.

It's a bit punk rock IMO. I'd love going to a show, buying my ticket (promoter gets most of that) and the rock up to the Merch table and buying a tshirt/cd and knowing that cash was going straight to the band to help them put gas in the van to get to the next show. Perhaps later when the band finally 'makes it big' I feel good about playing a small part.

10. :stupid:

11. And :stupid:

If somebody wants to sell something, sure. But to ask people to give their hard earned money to fund somebody else's hobby (especially peers who are working their ass off to fund their OWN racing) is in poor taste IMO.

This has already been beaten to death in the gofundme thread.

12. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Comparing what she is asking money to do to what some of you are asking for money to do is like comparing Ruth's Chris to eating a whopper out of the dumpster at Burger King.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

15. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Sorry, in the end it's the same thing, whether I want you to pay for my meal out at a high end dine or junk food Joes, when all I can afford is pb & j it's still begging for something you can't afford or are too lazy to bust your a$$ for.....

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Calling Melissa lazy is really rather funny.

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The upside down hat is going out next round, I'm gonna put a sign next to that points at the bikes and says "this shit don't roll for free, gimme". :D

18. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Like how I gave two options and you chose "lazy"......

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. Who would throw away a perfectly good Whopper?

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The need for crowd funding at all levels of motorcycle road racing in America simply illustrates the poor condition the sport is in. There are a lot of talented racers sitting on the sidelines. After a hard look at the overall picture, we decided to join them now rather than later. Perhaps Moto America can turn things around.