1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by slowzx6, Mar 24, 2015.

1. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

RIP badass, super cool racer. Glad to have had the opportunity to watch your skills and determination on the track. You will be missed by many.

vince
    :D

2. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Speechless. So sad to hear. Dane was a pleasure to see around. RIP Dane. We will miss you.

3. El Cubano

El Cubano Truth Bomber

It would be awesome to see Eslick rock the Yamaha 00 in his honor. :(

4. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I had the same thought. Dane put so much work into making that team. It'd be a shame to not see it run this year.

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

A lot of people here think we're living life wide open, "to the fullest" we say. We race motorcycles and play with cool toys and travel to neat places. We're usually the coolest person in a room full of our really lame friends. We regale our coworkers with stories of huge highsides and triple digit crashes, and for a minute we even believe it.

Then we meet Dane Westby, a guy who is really doing it right, and realize we're completely full of shit.

I still can't believe it. I only met the guy one time, but he's the kind of person you can't stop thinking about for a few days after you meet him. Just so down to earth, so kind, and so f#cking COOL.

One of the greats. Godspeed.

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Yes. I was responding to post number four, this thread started rolling pretty quick.

8. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Oh my... Saw the posts / pics on his Facebook page last night and it just didn't register...

Got to interview Dane at the last AMA Road Atlanta round a couple of years ago. What a down to earth, sincere individual and just a cool guy in general.

Godspeed Wolverine...

9. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Truly one of the most approachable guys in the paddock. Hate to hear this news.

Condolences to his family and friends.

10. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

We met Dane briefly after CCS @ NJMP in the track clubhouse. You could tell the grew up the right way and he made three more fans in that encounter. Too sad for words...

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Slick didn't have a deal brokered yet for MotoAmerica right? That would the greatest if he could fill in that spot for a memorial season for his Okie friend.

12. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Without ever meeting Dane this thread confirms what I inferred from his interaction with the media and fans. He was a man of good character.

Loved watching him on track. A true talent!

RIP and Godspeed :(

13. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

I saw him as he just arrived at Daytona after his bike ride....he still had dirt on his face. I ran over to him (not knowing him well at all) and proceeded to chat him up (because I was so impressed by the act). Great to hear his side, how he did it on a dare, how it meant more than riding a bicycle, and a mention of life lessons tossed in. You will be missed, I was looking forward to talking with you again. I'm glad I had a very brief moment to talk with you about more than just racing. RIP

14. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

This is awful. :(

RIP Racer.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gutted :(

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

And Eslick grow some badass sideburns in Dane's honor. Shit it would be cool to see every racer grow some burns in his honor for the COTA round.

18. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

I'll never forget getting passed by him at the start of a race at Mid Ohio in 2007 when he was racing an SV. It was an honor to be on the same track. RIP, Dane.

19. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

:up::up::up:

20. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

This sucks. Tommy last year and now Dane. Condolences to his friends and family.