1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you voete? Do you think it matters?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Nov 4, 2014.

?

Did you vote? Does it matter?

1. Yes, I voted.

43 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. No, I didn't vote.

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. I voted but it doesn't matter.

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. I didn't vote because it doesn't matter.

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

JB, a little known fact: one of the few concessions gained by the southern states in the armistice of 1865, was that northern states were banned from using that term until 2065.:beer:

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I was just discussing with my wife (who worked at the polls, as usual) the poor pricks who have to stay half the night logging all the "Mickey Mouse" votes.
    They don't think you're all that fucking funny.

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Hey, I love Charlie Daniels. He's a straight talking southern conservative from right here in Mt Juliet, TN. I'm sure he'd do a better job than Haslam. Better than Mickey Mouse too! :up:

4. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Obama's offensive line is now a full blown blitz coming at him. :crackup:

No more, "Republican's are the party of no". No more Harry Reid blocking Bills in the Senate. Now Obama is going to have to actually work vice playing golf. He'll have to explain why he won't sign legislation. He'll have to say why he is says no.

It sure is funny to hear the liberal media, Democrats, and Obama himself say that the Republicans should capitulate and work with the President. :crackup: Hmmm......I seem to remember that in 2008 all of them shut the door on Republicans, figuratively and literally. Remember the big Obamacare summit? The one in which they would not allow a single Republican in?? Remember how they didn't need to Republicans and they just need to sit back and take it?

Yes, voting matters.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Cuz he's The Decider, that's why. :D

I do find it odd that some people believe anything's gonna change just by putting the flipside of the same coin in the slots.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, things are going to be very different starting Jan 1 for Big ears.

7. Sacko DougK

Oh yeah, things are going to change. I would say more of the process will change. The end result depends on Obama more now than ever. How will he react to having to address Bills that he never had to in the past? Will he find common ground with the House and Senate to achieve progress or will he stand his ground and let Rome burn around him?

I get the feeling that he will play wounded bird vice becoming a leader. He doesn't know how to negotiate, he doesn't know how to close deals, he doesn't know how to lead. Because he's never led anything in his life! The only reason his signature legislation made it through in the first place was because the Democrats held the super majority. He would have never gotten that through on a split Congress, much less a Republican Congress. Even with a split Congress, he and the DNC relied on Harry Reid to block anything and everything before it got to him to protect him.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The republicans will fuck up enough for the next two years that it will hand the presidency to the dems in 2016. Hell, we might even get a Clinton-Bush contest again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Thanks for the laugh. I love the rambling of RightWinger nitwits with their heads up the asses of FOX "News".

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I voted. It always matters. Turnout in my county was 44%. :(

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Right, because guns, and only guns have always been the solution to our problems.

Workers Rights
    Economic collapse
    WWII
    Cold War
    Civil Rights
    Voting Rights
    Vietnam
    Poverty
    Crime
    Iran
    Iraq
    Afghanistan

etc.
    etc.

:crackhead:

I'm a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but your statement is just foolish.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll sit here and wait for you to explain how the 3rd party was responsible for the outcome of any of those things.

I'm not going to hold my breath though. I just here while you live in the fantasy land that there is more than one political party in Washington.

There certainly are 2 advertising campaigns. They spend a lot of time convincing you there is more than one party? There certainly isn't 3.

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Charlie Daniels would do a better job than most of those self serving pricks. And at least you would never have to say "I wonder what Charlie meant by that"?:D

14. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

Did you vote like I told you to?:D

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Ok, I laughed. :crackup:

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, I can no longer remain silent. Come on, man. That is NOT English. That's not how you use that word. Ever.

Where's Professor Darren when shit really needs to get fixed? :D

17. And that in turn, will help little tits win the 16 election.

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Vice versus vice versa. It's all so damn confusing.

19. Sacko DougK

He's probably licking his wounds from not getting his write-in elected, vice being here.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You could certainly argue being on here is a vice.