1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just picked up 2014 Hyundai EQUUS

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sheik, pick up an Audi dealership. I need a deal and I'll make your life miserable until you give me a smoking one. :D

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

thats what i was saying, but unless you are an artist or designer don't really expect you to understand, nobody is saying they take the car and change the headlights and tailights and call it a different brand

3. ckruzel

:stupid:

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

we cant. audi already has 3 dealerships in the area...they wont give out one more as it will steal sales from the other 3. You also cannot get an Audi dealership anymore without a vw dealership and their floorplans suck.

pretty much the only luxury brand we have is caddy, fiat, ferrari, SRT, and now alfa. if we got another it would have to be lincoln...which we dont want...but ford keeps pushing for us to get it...so we cant get another luxury brand without ford getting all pissed off.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I get it. all of the ones i mentioned had huge design knockoff in styling, identity, or how to achieve performance.

6. ckruzel

depends on what region of the country you live in, i see the opposite

7. ckruzel

whats the name of your dealership? where are they located?

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

You see more old S class than LS running around?
    that is odd.

9. ckruzel

yep, most of the benz's are ratted out if they are the old 140 body, but the ls's are usually in nicer shape, i see lots of the newer s class cars, (mid 2000's) middle cars like the gs vs e class its like a 50/50 split, rarely ever see a audi A8 around, lots of A5's and 4's but still tons of IS and C class'

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

11. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Awesome car. People that put down Hyundai, Kia, etc as bad cars are living in the past. Their vehicles have been excellent and almost always rated higher than their competition for customer satisfaction.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

and now they've hired Lotus to help with some suspension tuning and from the reviews seems likes it has helped, which addresses what was probably their weakest point.

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

they need lotus' touch on the gen coupe. With just a little tweak, it would be awesome.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Esp. the Track model which was a good stripper car and price point. Too bad they have stopped using the 2.0T which IIRC is basically a detuned Evo engine

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

closer to the block found in the rallairt and not the evo.

There were a lot of talk about this until a tech at the dealership who owns an evo took both motors apart (his 4b11t that he was building and the theta) and there is a huge difference.

the only thing they share is the same bore and stroke (86mm)...theta block is open. 4b11t block is closed. different oil injectors...and bunch more stuff that is different.

it would be awesome if it was though...the cams would fit, the plumbing would fit. you could fit the 4b11t head on the theta.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

good to know.

They could have really got some sales numbers earlier on, IMHO if the car handled a bit better and with the 2.0T.

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Buddy has a kia, Said best customer service he has ever had. A clip broke and was rattling. Kia replaced the whole panel including the glass roof to make sure it was done right.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

and possibly to get more labor money from KIA :Poke:

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

He said that wasnt the plan till KIA told them that what was should be done.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

interesting. glad that they really look after their customer then.