1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just picked up 2014 Hyundai EQUUS

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yesterday was Sheik day over at the gas station/ Star smucks. Highly modified Evos, M3s and Italian exotics were out. Also Seems the Tesla is over around here and the Range Rover is back in style.

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I would do the hemi before i would ever go the supercharger route again.

a buddy of mine bought an 6.4 AEV from us and he went crazy on it....cam, headwork, custom headers....now that thing is a monster!

I think it made 560whp on our stingy dyno.

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My clapped out M3 is having idling troubles and is in a garage in TN.

Sheik, how about a trade for a '97 M3 straight up for a gently used 993? I won't even be picky on color.

I kill me.

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

we have a get together at our garage every year. lost of cars come and park outside...but most of the people come chill inside as there is libations and its beats the texas heat outside.

[​IMG]

5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I can make that happen. how gently used, I cant say. :D

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

just about everything has been played out, only so many lines and curves that you can put on a car these days without looking like something else, its not really copying just not anything completely different from whats out there

its not like the old days when fins ruled

and a vette never looked like a rx7, remember the vette evolved from its 1984 syle design and wider body vs the previous models

what does a cts look like, caddy has pretty much there own look going on

7. ckruzel

also many designers jump ship from one mfg to another bringing a design style with them

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kia got their monies worth out of Peter Schreyer. He turned them from me too cheap crap to some awesome looking and desirable cars.

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

every designer we talked to at every vette function we take our cars to said so. look at the vent behind the front wheel...the rounded front end. the day time running lamps.

put a c4 next to a rx7 and a c5...the c4 looks more out of place. (i have)

John carfaro has publicly stated that he took design cues from the rx7 and nsx.

the cts looks like a cts...but it was made just to be able to compete with the midsize lux euro cars...it shared nothing with the caddys that came directly before it. ripping off design just isnt all about looks.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

This surprised me
    http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.co...s_on_a_Boat_The_Refreshed_2014_Hyundai_Equus/

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

my corolla has crank windows. I don't miss the power windows nearly as much as I miss cruise control.

That said, I don't have a payment, it gets 35 mpg or better at every fill up (44 on one trip with lots of highway), and I am expecting it to last 200,000 miles. Hopefully more.

12. ckruzel

the cts has the squared off line design of the entire brand, that design has been working for them for several years now

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

you can jump ship but the design identity stays with that car company

Pininfarina designed many cars for many brands...that doesnt mean my enzo shares cues with my old allante, or a 458 shares design cues with a volvo c70.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Did you go let them know they were idiots for driving those cars and that they should be driving either a mazda or some VW/Audi?

15. ckruzel

not true at all, designers always bring there style to whoever they work for, some subtle some more, also a good stylist won't stick to the same thing over and over, mainly just subtle cues

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Tell me...what design cue (subtle or not) does my miura share with the first gen bmw 5 series, eb110, or a ferrari 308gt4?

Now when you put all of Gandini's lambo designs side by side, you see a heritage. Thus, i would argue that there is a company DNA that these designers respect.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, just got my smokes and left. The fart can symphony was giving me a head ache and I had shit to do.

18. ckruzel

they do but they still add there own style here and there, its not on every car, i have spoken to designers before at different mfg schools i have attended in the past, its a long process designing a car, teams of people, multiple multiple changes but they do add there own style like any artist even while being different

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I am sure they do, to a point, but its not a blatant ripoff that every dude can spot out like some of the aforementioned.

20. ckruzel

design is a moot point anyway these days, cars used to be grand, now more cookie cutter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]