1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just picked up 2014 Hyundai EQUUS

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I think thats the only reason why KIA exists....to take the heat off hyundai.

I rent lots of cars for work. Most often than not, if you take the badges off the steering wheel, its hard to know what car you are in, they are all so close in how they are built and amenities. Cept Toyota. I know when i'm in a Toyota when the steering puts me to sleep.

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

The Equus is a great car. Rode in one for a few days when I visited some family up north. The concierge service that dealers provide, I've heard, is really good as well.

However, the styling could really use an update, as it currently looks too much like a larger version of the previous generation Hyundai Genesis.

The new 2015 Genesis looks fantastic, however.......

[​IMG]

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We're going to stop and eyeball some Lincolns. :D

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I'm not that much of a car guy, but that sure looks like a Chrysler logo on the hood.

5. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Or Bentley.

6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Heh. Yea. Its meant to looks like a higher brand logo. In fact. Go look at first gen Genesis sedans. Theres not a word hyundai anywhere on that car.

7. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

The Koreans have no problem ripping off great car makers designs. No thanks.

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Ya, like the Americans and the Japs dont steal from the Europeans left and right when it comes to car design? :rolleyes:

9. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Except for the Lumina Eurosport, I don't know what you're talking about.

Also, Autoweek was pretty cool to the $50,000 Hyundai.

10. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

you must have been hiding under a rock for the last 20 years.

lexus, infiniti, and acura were all made to compete with the MB, BMW, and Audi...Where do you think Lexus stole the lights for the second gen GS from?

CTS, CTS-V were developed just to compete with the midsize german cars and copies a lot from them

ATS was designed to compete with the entry level german cars and copies a lot from them.

Acura NSX was made just to compete with ferrari.

c5 corvette on down takes most of their handling and performance cues from european cars. The C5 stole most of their styling from the FD3 Rx7.

ford gt had a ferrari 360 as their benchmark and kept a ferrari 360 at the ford design studios and at the track to be tested against the ford gt.

That is just the tip of the iceberg

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Tell em shiek!

12. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Don't really know any of that alphabet soup. Sorry to make you type all of that.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Sheik

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

15. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I don't recall anyone ever saying that about Lexus

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is it "everyone be an asshole season" already? Daaaaaaaaaaamn.

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:crackup:

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Unless you've got Shiek....pardon me...Sheik...type money, any sub 100k car is basically gonna be built the same way with the same stuff. ALL of them are built off of low bid parts. SOME of them though, might have a few cooler bells and whistles on them than others, but in reality, there's not a whole lot of special stuff built into one than the other. That Hyundai actually seems to be a decent car for the price, compared to the 'top' luxury brands.

:)

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

While they share some parts. I disagree that all sub 100k cars are created equal

A 50k BMW will be shit compared to a 50k Chevy.

A 250k ferrari will be shit compared to a 250k MB.

a 100k acura was twice the car a 100k porsche or ferrari was.

Best car made under a 100k was a vw phaeton...and nobody bought it because it was a vw....The Koreans are fighting that same stigma and perceptions.

In about 10 years, Hyundai will be comparable to lexus.

I do remember when nobody wanted to buy a ls400 over a s class. Now you see twice as many old lexus on the road as you see old MB.