1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SBK Shootout on TV: John Ulrich Does it Again

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Apr 2, 2014.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

#whatTheF---IsA#

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Any chance you can share attendance numbers? (spectators not racers)

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Suddenly? You'll be running a full series before long, unless you really don't want to.

Wyatt Earp is a pretty good nickname after all.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Did any of the AMA regulars also run the club races?
    Was there anyone from AMA Pro Racing in attendance?

5. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

You mean Cherry-Pick. Thems fighten words around here don't ya know :)

6. John29

Didn't pay attention to non-Shootout races, sorry.

Yes, walking around on Saturday with an ISC pass.

7. John29

Mongo said 3000+ paid on Sunday. WERA and Fastrack handled the gate.

8. RayH

RayH Air Cavalry!

Outstanding Weekend! Even though my day ended when I thought rear ending a fellow race at the breaking points to turn 1 would net fine results .....................

Very proud of this org, and John for a great product.

Ray

ps
    Jerry Flores, I could never apologize enough. Send me bill for the repairs, I will do what I can to take care of you.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well John, of course they are calling. :) No drama, no bullshit, well run races that sound like people got their money's worth.

Sounds like you hit on a pretty good formula.

Can't wait to see the TV.

10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Thanks. i got there sunday morning and had great parking... but when i went to my truck for some water mid day the lot was PACKED. which is a good thing :up:

11. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

from my half-spectator, half-club racer perspective, that was an absolutely awesome event.

the good:
    - i didnt crash, and my bike didnt blow up (always #1)!
    - i had a great race in F2, and watched lots of other good club races.
    - both pro races were great, especially the superbike race. Fong was on fire in the sportbike race and really got to show his potential. also lots of good results from the local guys that got to show off their talent.
    - wera did a great job keeping everything moving and on schedule. all the folks i interacted with were friendly, helpful and efficient.
    - it was super cool to have actual spectators coming through the paddock, asking about the bikes in our garage (all 'old' GP stuff) and stuff like that. pretty cool for a nobody racer like this old guy to be a part of 'the show'; if but for a brief moment (and, if but for not actually being part of 'the show' lol).

the bad:
    -really, not much. the announcer could have done a little more homework. i was going nuts when he kept talking about 'tommy hayden' going for pole in qualifying, and 'josh hayes' for the win on the last lap of the race. but that's being admittedly nitpicky.

overall, fantastic job and great weekend. big kudos to hammer for putting it together and wera for running the show. looking forward to sonoma....

vince
    :D

ps: i also got to see a real, live, JRP sponsored, paris hilton flying wedding proposal! that was AWESOME!! LOL

12. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

David Anthony and JRP did.

13. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Haha. I think whoever is handling the Superbike Shootout so is media is picking up on it. Mainly I'm using (and seeing others use) #SuperbikeShootout to keep it basic. That person or company handling the social media can search for that hashtag to find tons of pictures and posts about the Superbike Shootout that they may otherwise never see. Reposting and adding original content can really feed the popularity of the Superbike Shootout's social media and this the series itself.

Just a little FYI, I manage FB pages for:

Bobby Fong
    Garrett Gerloff
    Joey Pascarella
    Bryce Prince
    Wyatt Farris
    Jason Aguilar
    Andre Ochs
    Travis Ohge
    Tyler Linders
    Rocco Horvath
    And a number of brands, companies, & club racers as well. Even throw in a couple current Red Bull Rookies Cup guys.

I only get paid to do one single company's social media. The rest is a total volunteer effort because it just wasn't happening otherwise. I kind of enjoy it, but it's really odd how little participation I see from everyone involved. The fans will eat it up if it's fed to them. I'm not claiming to be an expert in the field really. Just an enthusiast the wants to see it succeed.

14. John29

We have something new coming on Roadracingworld.com that will make the hash tag crowd really excited. Stand by.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice write up of the races in this week's cyclenews.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's hard to say because a lot of them are also WERA regulars. Had a few from each class do both and a few regular WERA guys just concentrate on the Pro race they ran.

No clue on DMG peeps.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Somedamnbody stole the pound symbol.:mad:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The funniest thing is all of the pro crew guys who were totally stoked to hear/smell the smokers going out for practice :D

Not making excuses for Morgan announcing but him doing as well as he did after seeing him fly out of a track in a chopper had me ecstatic all weekend even with the minor mistakes.

That and Josh/Cam look way too much alike from the roof of the pit lane suites :D

The JRP banners....holy shit. I saw them in the distance, had a feeling it would be that but once I could read it...holy shit.

20. caferace

caferace No.

Do tell. Or I can wait and giggle at them this coming weekend. :D

-jim