1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SBK Shootout on TV: John Ulrich Does it Again

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Apr 2, 2014.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

he meant his Knife and stick

2. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

My wife calls this place Racebook. :D

3. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

You can just send a check to the boss and tell her that you can't make the race, but you want to support the series....

That's what Mongo told me to do.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That was the best Superbike race I ever remember seeing. The top 5 guys were very close and there were multiple passes back and forth through that group. Privateer Aussie Dave was up to 3rd for awhile. The top 5 riders all had a best lap between 1:25.541 to 1:25.708.

Oh yea, the spectator turnout looked as good as any AAA Speedway AMA round. Pretty amazing as it was put together so quickly and you had to be pretty connected to racing to even know about this round.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Awesome. I can't wait to see it. Any idea as to what made the racing so close this time around?

6. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

So good. That lapper made it interesting. Looked SKETCHY from my view on the bridge.

7. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

The lappet ruined what was the best Superbike race I've seen in years. Hayes was pissed at the interview and after.

Great job John Ulrich!!

8. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

I seem to remember the racing at Fontana being good for many years before it was cancelled. I could be crazy - but the last time I really remember the front guys checking out at Fontana was the Ben and Matt show.

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

#ulrichwalkingonwater gets my vote.

10. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Dave finally got some equipment he bought the old Jordon bikes and hired a guy to run the electronics he has always had the talent but never had the money to get the electronics. You will see him a lot closer to the front as the year goes on. Once he gets the bike dialed in more It should be a 5 bike show all year.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A whistle with a stutter.

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I'm trying to find information on exactly what the Superbike sponsor, Race FuelZ is or does. Any help?

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

http://www.racefuelz.com/

14. caferace

caferace No.

Energy type drink, but without as much crap in it. :)

-jim

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Good for him. I know he was doing awesome on some pretty stock material. I hope he's not sticking with the K-Tech stuff the Jordan team was running. That seemed to be the one thing really holding everyone back on those bikes. Nobody seemed to really trust the front end.

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Got it. When doing a Google search, it really mattered if there was a space between RACE and FUELZ. In most of the results and Facebook posts, it was listed with a space. FYI: No space yeilds the actual desired result.

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Dave is running Nitron suspension. Lenny Albin, from Niton USA, is Dave's suspension person.

18. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I had a great time watching everyone, pros and club guys alike.

that lapper was super sketchy (think it was JRP- not sure) but it was an absolutely awesome superbike race.

congrats to Bobby. that triumph was screaming.

19. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Remember the hash tag they used on Speed for Motogp??....it was like 70 of your 140 available characters! Lol #fail

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Some of the guys at Auto Club Speedway got pretty nervous when we announced GEICO as the series sponsor. And it is an ISC track as well. We had to stay pretty low key on promotion. In contrast, management at Sonoma and MMP have embraced the races there and are helping with PR and promo efforts so it should be better!

And suddenly other tracks are calling...