1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Ten Motorcycle Retard Quotes

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Nov 12, 2013.

1. :crackup: :bow:

2. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

If you have to ask, you can't afford it. :D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I actually thought that same thing the first time I ever heard on on a GSXR 750 LE back in '86. If' you have never heard one, it is a bit disconcerting.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sure, but I keep the bike until it's paid off. :up:

5. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

I might have given that a thought but here's the second part of the conversation....

me: "Payment plan? You realize this is a race/track bike only right?"

them: "I will be careful and I'm a great rider. I won't crash".

me: "Right, ok well what happens when you twist it up first time out and now I got no bike, and you mysteriously vanish so I'm out a bike and the money. You see now why this isn't such a good deal?"

them: "no, so you saying you won't?"

me: the sound of the phone hanging up....

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I have heard that one, but not as often as.....

"I would get a bike, but I just know that if I had one I'd ride it like a complete maniac, doing 120 mph wheelies and getting into all kinds of trouble."

Meanwhile these words are coming out of the head of someone who doesn't have a single aspect of their life that encompasses anything remotely close to dangerous/thrilling/etc activities. Implying that doing 120mph wheelies is a skill that someone who has never even ridden a motorcycle just throws a leg over and learns by osmosis. These people are usually pathological liars about most others things as well :crackup:

7. Yep. I had never heard one till my 2nd track day (it was in 2008). Another dude riding in the Novice group had one. He rode by my pit and I thought "what kind of clapped out piece of shit is that?". But at least I was smart enough to know that I knew fuckall about motorcycles so I didn't say anything to the guy. :D

I even thought to myself "it would be my luck that I would go say something to him and it is actually supposed to sound like that".

:crackup:

8. skee

skee # 358

Was he from Pa....:crackup:

9. skee

skee # 358

When i bought my first Ducati, that was the first thing i noticed. Im like I paid enough for the bike I'm not going to be a walking billboard. Unless its free of course lol

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

But when you reply honestly and say "around 150" …they say "that ain't nuthun, my buddies 73 kaw 900 does 190"! Yea right

11. Those are the stories that always get me. The guy on his 2002 Ninja 600 (because they are all "Ninjas") that "wasn't paying attention, looked down and was going 190 without even knowing it".

Right, because you can just sneak up on 190mph without even knowing it. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the 2008 R6 (the year prior to the emissions restrictions) is the only bone stock 600cc to hit a GPS verified 160mph right off the showroom floor. Typically speaking 600's top out at 150-155 depending on the circumstances/environment/rider/etc.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Maybe 190 kph!

13. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

"You need new tires" is what I get alot when riding my supermoto with perfect DOT race take-offs. I have heard like 20 people say it just in the last year.

14. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I've been told I "need more air" in my tires when I did that.

15. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I usually put out a disclaimer that depending upon the gearing

Although no matter what number you say , they always have a buddy that went faster

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hey, you don't know what you you're talking about man. When I was coming around the kink at VIR my 600 was showing 180mph on the dash. So don't tell me what my bike is capable of doing. Besides it's got a chip and filter and errrythang.

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Leave our grammar alone. We have more important things to worry about like kicking yer ass at football and scoring with the ladies at family reunions. :D