PIRC aka BeaveRun Holding Air Fence Fundraiser

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Aug 1, 2013.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Since the notice Eddie posted refers to the RWAF I'd guess we're assisting but have to check. Trudy handles fundraisers.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Per Mitch Wright, PittRace Air Fence Fund is the name of the fund to donate to.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - but how do you donate to that fund? Directly or through Trudy? :D

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Beats the heck outta me. That's above my paygrade.

Or just send the money to me and I'll get it to them. Just like the old Nelson Ledges fund. Just realized that page is still up:

www.witchkraftracing.com/nelsonledges

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Sounds like they're doing it on their own after all. Good luck to them!

6. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I just saw a post on the Nesba forum that

Mitch Wright
    Pittsburgh International Race Complex
    724 535 1000

Is canceling the fundraiser. I am beyond disappointed. How do u cancel a fundraiser???
    I guess they didn't have enough per-registers. Which I don't get because its a fundraiser?!?!
    I will not promote PittRace until they stop breaking promises.
    Imagine if WERA called the track and said "hey we don't have enough preregistration we want our money back."
    Two thumbs down!

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

"Due to poor response to our Air Fence benefit days September 1st and 2nd I am forced to cancel both days. We appreciate your support in our efforts to improve Pittsburgh International Race Complex for our Motorcycle guest.
    We will schedule a 2014 weekend in the spring and one in the fall to host Air Fence benefit days.

The riders that are preregistered will receive a full refund.

Thanks again for your support in our Air Fence efforts,

Mitch Wright
    Pittsburgh International Race Complex
    724 535 1000"

9. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Why not pick a month and set aside a certain percentage of fees and entries to go towards air fence?

On another note: this doesn't bode well for motorcycle racing and track days. There wasn't enough interest in air fence to show up? :confused:

10. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

:down::down::down:

JU is the only true credible way to get something like this done! I agree with AA, how in the world do you cancel a fundraiser? No one is supposed to be making money, only raising money! That's regardless if you raise $500 or $5,000,000.00. On the other hand, maybe I'm missing something........maybe not!

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

They should put the money from Friday practice next weekend before the WERA event, towards it.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

They were going to lose $3500, although they were basing that on the number of pre-registered riders. However with the weather forecast, I'm sure many would have been scared away.

Cool on the Friday practice deal.

14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I agree :up: on the Friday practice stuff.

So they were willing to have a "fundraiser" for something that they will own and benefit from as long as it doesnt cost them any money.
    Makes perfect sense now. ;)

Ride safe,
    AAron

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you have less income than it costs to pay the workers to run the event why bother? Just take that same money you'd have lost and buy air fence with it.

16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

No problem with that but don't advertise the event as a fundraiser which implies all the proceeds go to the air fence. Like I posted up elsewhere I will want to see full disclosure of where the money is going if I ever try to help promote, donate etc in the future. They positioned themselves in a no lose situation which is great except for when u act like you are doing something generous and in fact there isn't anything generous about it. Like I said earlier makes perfect sense. Get something for nothing and spin it and act like you are doing something great.

Ride safe,
    AAron

17. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I was interested in it initially. I thought it was a great cause/idea but to be completely honest/selfish I was really turned off by cost vs tracktime($185 for 5 sessions). Even those we dont speak of give you more bang for the buck.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Most every fundraiser I know of has expenses off the top (usually with a track type of deal they don't do track rental but still have to pay cash to the workers). Then all money leftover goes to the charity. For our food ones we'd get all the food and workers donated but we'd still have to occasionally pay for tents or the like. Usually WERA would eat that cost tho.

In this case I think they had 6 people enter. No matter how good the cause there's just no point in doing that.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The amount of air fence required is going to cost roughly $80k. And that's with a nice discount included.

I understand your point, but keep in mind there aren't many tracks in the country making an effort to spend their own money and bring about things to make us safer. Any fundraiser(s) held aren't going to get all that money here.

Food for thought.

20. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

The famous (or is that infamous) WERA PIRC pit bike race scheduled for Saturday will cost $25.00 to enter this year and all those funds will go toward PIRC Air Fence.....