1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. :D

I can see the media doing some shit like that (that is, if defending a Hispanic man fit into their agenda)........they would put up that picture and then be like "how could anyone smash this face into the concrete?".

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Looks guilty. Shoulda put him in jail back then. Trayvon would still be alive.

3. Well played. :D

4. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

lol!

Tez???

5. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Hey, does anyone know if a dog can have a rib bone?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Buck.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Sans wig?

8. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

He was honored with gun control....right there in the street where he dropped his last "cracker".

9. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

I imagine he wasn't frustrated with you being an incoherent dipshit whenever he met you in the paddock. You're making me aggressive and I don't even have the patience to try and break it down step-by-step for you as Chaotic has done. My God.

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I do.

David

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

WRT the 911 call, ZM admitted he got out of his car and followed TM (walked, crawed, goosestep quickly, ran or jogged by the huffing and puffing, I don't know).

The other disturbing issue is ending the 911 call instead of staying online..."have them call me when they get here." Why did he not want it recorded? My thinking is he wanted the call to end, but I am just second guessing.

David

12. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

If that was the case, I don't think he would have called 911 to begin with.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course he followed him. He was following him while in the truck too. He's a neighborhood watch dude, it's how they roll. Following isn't the same as chasing, chasing would entail following something that is running away from you. Getting out of the car and looking for someone who you can no longer see isn't a chase. Chase = to pursue in order to seize, overtake, etc.

As for the call - could simply be he didn't want to stand there forever holding his cell to his ear. He obviously didn't feel threatened at that point either. He was merely doing the same neighborhood watch shit he'd done before most likely expecting the same result as all those other times. Hell, maybe he was just using too many minutes that month and the wife was pissed about the bill. Lots more possible reasons that make more sense than thinking he hung up to pull out his gun and go hunt and kill some kid.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What I want to know from all you bitching about Zimmerman following some kid he didn't know in his hood...what do you think of this story? http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/justice/pennsylvania-teen-heroes/index.html

Same thing, a person following someone who they didn't think belonged in their neighborhood. Granted, that person didn't turn and confront them. He could have made racial slurs to his girlfriend on a cell, dunno about that. But overall - the beginning of this is someone who isn't a cop following another person. Is that inherently okay or not?

15. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Apples to kumquats.

Chasing a suspected felon is a bit different than tracking a suspicious person who is looking at houses as he walks home.

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Sorry to thread jack a little bit here, didn't want to start a new thread. Has it been discussed here about the Marissa Alexander case, (woman in Fl, trying the Stand your Ground defense) sentenced to 20.
    http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/07/14/why-...-sentence-despite-invoking-stand-your-ground/

Not many similarities in the case other than: Florida, Same Prosecuter, Black skinned person, Hispanic person. On the surface this case seems more infuriating than the Zimmerman case.

Discuss.

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

President Obama's public involvement into what should have been a local level law enforcement action is, to me, one of the most disturbing aspects of this whole situation. If the president had a son, one hopes he would have guided him on a life path worthy of honor and his choices would not have led him to dying in the street at a stranger's hands. Why was this shooting death worthy of presidential attention and not the hundreds of violent deaths of young men that take place in our country every year? This is a tragic situation where everyone loses. Having the leader of the free world imply that race should be a consideration here, even if that was not the intent of his words, cannot help but strike a blow to race relations.
    My hispanic-american kid looks like Zimmerman as a child. That has no more bearing in this case than the race of Obama's hypothetical child. Where are the hispanic politicians making meaningless statements about Zimmerman?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

19. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

I remember being infuriated at hearing that verdict as well. But when I looked into it, it wasn't as simple as some make it out to be. As far as I remember, she didn't "Stand Her Ground".

She went to her estranged husbands home, whom she had a restraining order against. Got into an argument with him in the house, than left to go grab her gun from her car. Returned, continued the argument, and blindly shot at him... with his children nearby.

The lengthy sentence, was due to minimum sentencing laws for when a gun's fired during a crime, 20 years minimum.

20. flamed03r1

flamed03r1 Well-Known Member

Nothing to discuss. She shot through a wall with "warning shots" and the ignorant bitch reporting the story and trying to link the two should be fired for race baiting not only for this but many other stupid comments she's made.

The two are not even remotely close. And Z didn't use the stand your ground law. From the limited information in the story, they just tried the only option that they could find to defend her actions because it was probably a lot more obvious than Ms. Dipship reporter acknowledged. :rolleyes:

I swear, watching MSNBC is harder than watching O on Fox. Nothing but ignorant sound bites in a futile attempt to increase ratings.