1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

THUG
    /THəg/
    Noun A violent person, esp. a criminal

Uh, punching a guy in the nose who hadn't hit him?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Exactly so. As someone here put forth, how about all of the black kids killed by other black kids? Why no outcry about that? And maybe Mr. O'Bama is correct: it is time to discuss gun control... by first taking all the guns from the hands of gangstas and other violent felons.

Perhaps I'm totaly incorrect about this, but it seems to me that Zimmerman spoke to the police without knowing if anyone had recorded his confrontation with TM, so I would have to give credibility to his rendition of what took place.

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Close but no cigar, zippy. To be more accurate, If Martin hadn't attacked Zimmerman, he would still be alive.

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

If only GZ's dad would have pulled out, TM would still be alive!!!!!

You're not very good at this logic thing are you?

6. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

This here is just as annoying as the people who are mad he wasn't convicted.

YOU WERE NOT THERE. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT ESCALATED TO THE TWO BEING ON THE GROUND.

No can say what really happened , but it seems that everyone was there by the comments they make.

I can say I see it as it is. Something happened which no one , but GZ knows and the two started fighting. TM started whooping GZ . TM was then shot .

This is all facts so please people stop saying who started the fight and what led to it because you don't know.

As I said . I think he's guilty imo , but if I was on the jury I wouldn't convict only because the evidence doesn't prove anything . Guilt nor innocence.

So no one on TM's side not GZ's side knows , but they all seem to know .

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, I wasn't there and don't know exactly what happened, but since there has been a trial, and since there has been a verdict, and the basic premise that I proposed was entered as testimony during the trial and accepted by the jury, it's as close to fact as we'll ever know.

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That's pretty bold. All we know is based on the evidence presented by both sides. You say GZ is guilty, based upon what evidence?

9. charles

charles The Transporter

You, my friend, are the one making a mockery of common sense.

Yes, sure, TM (or anyone) has the right to defend himself. No one is arguing that point. But in the absence of proof (Y'know, that pesky legal term), there is no reason to disbelieve the Zimmer. The question for you is: does the Zimmer have the right to defend himself? Somehow, in your obvious quest for 'justice', that answer is conveniently forgotten.

Tell you what...go with the flow here...you are minding your own business walking home one dark night and two individuals make it known to you that they intend to rob you, threatening to kill you...seeing that they both are armed, you realize your life could be lost...I am driving by (or one of the many on this here beeb), survey this scene, and decide to stop and assist you...in the process of stopping this ongoing felony, I wound one of your assailants, despite my best intentions, and kill the other. Would you be merry that I helped you or would you be eager to testify against me, after you get done pissing your pants? After all, your assailants had the right to defend themselves...

10. Sideshow

Well then if what a man says is a fact then everything on Wikipedia is facts too since people write those " facts "

11. Sideshow

I think he detained the kid and the altercation started there . Again I say think so I wouldn't charge him nor convict him over my thoughts because I can't prove otherwise.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I think that the tooth fairy helped TM to kick GZ's ass, but then again, that's not evidence. Damn, do you have ANYTHING?

13. Sideshow

Nope never said I did unlike you who has proof ? Other then one mans testimony..............................

14. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

so even tho TM made it to the house in which he be stayin', then came BACK to GZ (which WAS proven), you still think GZ started the altercation and attempted to detain him?

15. Sideshow

Never saw any evidence that proved he went home then came back out . That's news to me.

Even if he did come back out there is no evidence on eithers side showing what led to the altercation starting.

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E. I said evidence presented at the trail. So, you think that everyone should base the case on how you "think" it might have happened? There is no evidence (that I have heard) of TM being detained, except the picture in your mind.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No one wants to discuss that issue because it involves looking at things that a lot of people don't want examined.
    This case was about furthering a myth that white men are killing black kids on a wholesale basis. The forces that rely on racial polarity for their power base need people to believe that myth.
    The people crying the loudest that racism must be defeated are the ones completely vested in keeping it alive.
    There is a lot of money and power at stake, and reality can't be allowed to interfere with perception.

18. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

What loop hole? I didnt realize self defense was now a loop hole in the law. He killed the kid defending himself, thats been proven. Take off your emotional blinders and try looking at the facts presented. Even if you want to say Zimmerman was wrong for looking out for his neighbors he still didnt break any laws.

19. Sideshow

I get it your a troll. Where did I ever say I would put him on trial or convict him ? If you can read I covered this part already .

Reading is fundamental Troll.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He's busy trying to reword it to make the "If you are a black man you can't fart in public without life in prison vs. If you are a white man you can kill anything or anyone you want and get off scott free" loop hole sound legitimate.

Jury is still out or in this case they aren't but he's not happy with the verdict.