1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Other than the civil case, which is sure to cost him pretty much every penny he'll ever make, either by a judgement or the cost of the defense.

Speaking of money, what are the options for him? Outside of a made-for-tv movie and a few appearances on talk shows, I can't imagine what his prospects for income would be. He'll never get hired in an LE capacity (which is what I assume his ultimate goal was prior to Feb 2012).

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't believe his intent was ever to confront TM, either physically or verbally and absolutely not to shoot him. His statement of "these assholes always get away" makes me think that he wanted to keep an eye on TM until the police got there so he could be questioned by the proper authorities. Being versed in criminal law, he would of known that he had no authority to detain TM so to assume that he left his car with the intention of playing cop, chasing TM down and catching him, was just embellishment on the part of the prosecution.

3. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I disagree. The evidence doesn't prove anything . I believe he is guilty , but I also believe there isn't enough evidence to even try him. As much as I think he's guilty if I was on the jury I'd find him not guilty based on the fact there is no evidence proving he's guilty.

There is no evidence showing what happened before GZ ended up on his back getting beat and no one will ever know what truely happened , but one man.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Whether he is or not (I don't believe him to be) that's the beauty of our justice system. The state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty, and in this case, they couldn't. It's better that a hundred guilty men go free than for one innocent man to be jailed.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

please listen to the 911 call again posted above. Tell me where he was being "aggressive" anywhere on the call. Even the excerpt the State opened up the trial with... there is more timid emotion than anything else.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what makes you think he is guilty if there is no evidence to support that ?

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Hmmmm, Robert Zimmerman. Why does that name ring a bell? :D

[​IMG]

8. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Who cares? Well, I do. If this is, indeed, what it looks like and it goes unpunished, then it could happen again to anybody.....me.....you.....one of our loved ones.....anybody. They wouldn't necessarily have to behaving like a idiot for it to happen to them, either. Regarding federal involvement, I suppose anything's possible, but I doubt the feds will want to take a bite out of this shit sandwich. They seem to have enough shit to eat already.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'd say you have a much greater chance of being killed by a criminal who wants your wallet than being killed by a neighborhood watch member.
    I doubt that the chance of anything happening to you would be changed by the outcome of this trial.

10. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

I can tell you this much, if I'm walking through any neighborhood and someone with no badge, no uniform, that's slow rolled me a couple times, asks me what I'm doing, I'll tell them walking home, over to a friends house, whatever. But if they try to interrogate or question me I will politely tell them to get lost. If they keep trying to question or interrogate me, I'm telling them to fuck off. If they try and detain me, violence will ensue.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He's a dirty hippy that needs to trim his nails?

12. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

I was referring to possible, prosecutorial misconduct.

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Shit, this guys older than that! I think they called him a dirty beatnik in his day. :)

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Oh I love this. Yeah, the administration and DOJ are going to stay out of this. Not.

"Obama did not cover that issue in his comments. But the Justice Department said in a statement on Sunday that a federal civil rights investigation continues and it will look at evidence and testimony from the just-concluded state trial as part of the probe.

"Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction, and whether federal prosecution is appropriate," the statement said"

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Gotcha.
    From what I heard discussed this afternoon, Zimmerman may have grounds for a lawsuit. It doesn't sound like the rules protecting prosecutors in Florida would protect them in this case.

16. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Interesting...
    What happened to TM rights?

17. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Wow, are you really this blind to the evidence of the case? Do you just make things up as you go along? Never mind, I can already guess your answer.

18. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

loop hole in the law or not.. He murdered that kid in cold blood.

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Hell yeah. He should have sat there and let his head get bashed in till he was unconscious! What they hell was he thinking?

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Did you spill your skittles?