1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

2. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Rumor has it, Colt 45...

3. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

So, if you were GZ, what would you do now?

I think I'd just buy a one way ticket to South America and disappear. Between the public contempt and the possibility of future prosecution, whether civil suit or a DOJ civil rights suit, the cards are stacked against him. To say nothing of the "the hood is gonna get him" comments and mentality, what has he got to lose?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cash in.

5. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I live in the ghetto....was at ghetto QT....saw no tensions or animosity over the verdict.
    fwiw

6. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

This is kinda funny.

Attached Files:

7. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

Wonder how many young black kids wearing hoodies were killed since Trayvon was killed? Bet there were quite a few (Chicago, New Orleans, Los Angeles, New York, Birmingham, Detroit, Atlanta...). Where is the public outrage over those deaths? Where is Al and Jesse and the new Black Panthers demanding justice for all those murdered kids? Oh, that's right, no TV cameras to pose for, no microphones to spew their "outrage" in, no photo ops to further their agendas.......TV here in Atlanta showed the "protestors" last night after the verdict was announced - all were mostly young college-aged kids who couldn't really explain the basis of their "outrage" and "anger" but knew they had to come out and protest something anyway. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Trayvon's death was no more tragic than the deaths of every single murdered kid every single day - watch "The First 48" for a real look into what drives these type of killings each and every day across America - murdered over a bag of weed, murdered over not giving respect, murdered over looking hard at someone, murdered by random gunfire - sick folks for sure. GZ should be held culpable to a certain degree because he should have heeded the direction of the 911 operator, but if I found myself on the ground being pummeled by anyone and had a gun I would do the same exact thing without hesitation......

HJ

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They were plotting on you moments before you walked in the door. :D

9. charles

charles The Transporter

I'm tellin' ya, this case was all about Skittles (skillets).

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No.
    A 911 operator's suggestions are just that - suggestions. There is ZERO authority behind those suggestions, nor MUST anyone do everything an operator says.

11. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

You do realise that some 911 dispatch centers operators are certified law enforcement officers?

12. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Could be the President, still no authority behind any instruction given.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

And of course our friend Mr. Obama, never letting a good opportunity pass without acting, has suggested that this would be a good time to reopen the discussion on gun control. Is he, perhaps, inferring that if Zimmerman had not had the right to be armed then he might be the one that's dead instead of the "kid-who-might-look-like-my-son?"

I'm so frigging sick of all this race baiting bullshit coming from the black leaders that I'm getting ready to upchuck. They seem to be going out of their way to stir up racism so they can then complain about it.

15. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

In what state? Not here in Virginia.

16. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I agree with what you posted except the quoted part. You need to listen to the call again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o9A-gp8mrdw

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

It would be interesting to hear with the jury has to say. They could say anything from what you want to hear, to the complete opposite: "we thought he was guilty as hell, but the state could not prove it.

"We just don't know." That is the most likely result.

But who cares, it's completely over, unless the US DOJ feels like chasing Zimmerman on federal charges. But the reality is that everyone understands how difficult it is to prove what Zimmerman did or didn't do, so I really hope that Holder just Passes on this one. Also, I don't see a huge amount of political pressure for him to do anything. Let's hope.

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I think the more rational of the two was the 911 operator, not Zimmerman. Zimmerman was just a moron. Not saying he's guilty tho.

20. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Pretty much true, if, shoulda, woulda, coulda, if GZ listened to the 911 operator then it may not have escalated. Since he did escalate it, it became a tragedy. When people carry, a huge decision is made in a matter of milliseconds to approach or not. Although GZ made a wrong decision, it was still within the legal parameters. GZ will have to live with that decision the rest of his life and it will cost him dearly in both financials and emotionals.

There is a story of a CCW instructor discussing this decision process and explaining the costs. Another instructor reached over and activated his car alarm panic button on his keys. The instructor ran for the door reaching for his weapon, just after explaining that property was replacable but life was not.

David