1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi tests Nascar @ Charlotte

Discussion in 'General' started by kjohnson, Apr 23, 2013.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I think Spies is full of shit...

2. He mentioned tires, but said that tires are just one factor. He discussed how different the prototypes are from any production-based bike, and how steep the learning curve is for someone coming from production-based machines.

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I like how ex bike racers go car racing, but ex car racers never go bike racing..... :p

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Bike racing skills can transfer to cars much easier. The feel you develop on a bike really helps in a car. Car racing doesn't develop you in the same way. Not that is is easier, it just doesn't need the same level of feel.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Depends on how hard the WERA expert tried to ride it but with the Deathstones and the carbon/ carbon brakes I could see the bike coming back in a bunch of boxes.

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

7. How many MotoGP prototypes have you ridden?

8. turner38

Just as many as you have.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

10. So your opinion on Mr. Spies' statement is absolutely worthless, then. Thanks for clarifying :up:

11. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Test? I'd call it more of a publicity ride. But that's okay.

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

How about Josh Hayes, who has had some close battles (which he normally won) with Young?

First race weekend on an M1: 0.7s off the other Tech3 bike (Cal Crutchlow)
    http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2011/VAL/MotoGP/RAC/FastLapRider.pdf?v1_cd12b839

13. turner38

My opinion on his statement has as much value as yours does...

I have attended quite a few MotoGp races and witnessed WERA experts lapping within 10-11 seconds of MotoGp times on spec 125's. I'm thinking those same kids would be much closer on a MotoGp bike...

The Ideology that you are some sort of super human to successfully make laps on a prototype bike is retarded.

JMO

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  14. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

I agree with Mr. Turner. A good rider is a good rider. An elite rider is just better, faster and more focused. To say a second year expert couldn't ride anything that the elite riders race is incorrect, to say the least. And I am a Spies fan.

15. Really? Since I didn't offer my opinion, I wonder how you could possibly know what it is.

16. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Hell I cant even ride one! I think thats what he meant to say.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think he must have been speaking of Mr. Yore, not you.

18. :D

19. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

20. turner38

Doesn't matter what your opinion is, it's just as worthless as mine.