1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi tests Nascar @ Charlotte

Discussion in 'General' started by kjohnson, Apr 23, 2013.

1. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did he win the test?

3. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Should have put him in a Sprint cup car, A couple of hundred more HP would have enhanced his experience. Rowdy said Rossi ended up turning times that would be top 15 in practice," Now, get your own car, and lets see how you do in a pack".:D You notice they didnt offer to invite Kyle to Assen for some laps on the M1. I doubt there is a race car driver in the world," except Stoner" who could turn top 15 laps on a GP bike.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Schumacher did wicked good on the Ducati MotoGP bike. :D

5. 512V

512V Well-Known Member

OK,I have to ask why it upsets so many people when someone posts a decent lap time in practice.Better yet,why don't we stop with practice altogether?Great way to cut down on expense of racing.Get right to racing at 9 A.M. and get an early start home.
    This should save a lot on tires and fuel alone.

Could it be the critics simply can't turn a fast lap themselves?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Tom

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Uh, yeah, one car guy did alright...

http://www.thebikergene.com/racing/...ff-race-pace-on-his-third-ducati-motogp-test/

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Beat me to it

8. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Yep, 15th was a 1.51 that year in practice.

9. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Who is upset?

10. ton

ton Arf!

Re: Shumacher on a bike

i wonder if any of us (even the fastest WERA expert) could get within 8 seconds of MotoGP qualifying times.

11. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Depends on the track and your definition of WERA expert, but yes I think so, proper motorcycle and track time accounted for.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't think so. Put Aaron Yates or Blake Young on a Desmosedicci and I would guess they would be at least 4 seconds off the pace. A club racer? Better add another 5-7 seconds to that.

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I've raced Charlotte on my bicycle. Not practice. RACE. :cool:

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I don't get why the op of the other thread is so upset about Rossi getting in a NASCAR. I am willing to bet anyone on here would jump into one if offered the opportunity. I think it is cool that Rossi is excited about all things racing myself.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, if he somehow ended up racing NASCAR, I'd start watching it. Kimi was the last time I had any true interest in it.

16. Spies would disagree with you. He gave a talk on Saturday to a group of us, and his statement was, "...if a 2nd-year WERA Expert got on a MotoGP bike, he would fall down by the 2nd lap."

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why? Tires?

18. backcountryme

And you would put the Davek curse on him

19. backcountryme

Tires, brakes, power delivery, handling are a few of my guesses.