1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG ass meteor burns up over Russia

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Feb 15, 2013.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

2. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Holy Crap! What a thing to see. If it wasn't related to DA14, then it was one hell of a coincidence.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:eek:

Doesn't look like it burned up all the way (if Google is translating correctly)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Damn, they haven't reported any deaths as of yet, hopefully it'll remain that way.

5. madman

madman Well-Known Member

Not until the Aliens bust out of it at least.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Ok, I found another site that says the damage in those pics I posted above was caused by the shock wave, not the meteor itself.

Again, :eek:

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Uh oh....

I just found these on another site...

They're here! :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a more serious note - something like that is a good way to make you suddenly feel very small and insignificant... Random sh@t falls from the sky at hundreds of miles an hour and there's not a thing you can do about it...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  9. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Can you imagine that? I'm pretty sure the first thing going through my mind would be "shit, those stupid North Koreans figured it out."

On a side note, that Russia is one bleak looking place. Looks like western PA.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

There is some great Youtube vids already of it....

11. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

From the media a few days ago: "Nah, we're good, that meteor ain't coming no where near us...."

[​IMG]

12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Can you imagine that hitting earth square at that speed. That would really do some damage.

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn! :eek: That would scare the shit outta me.

14. Lawn Dart

I don't think its the actual meteor itself, is it? Usually its just a smaller chunk of the larger one.

Russia seems to be Earth's meteorite magnet.

15. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Got me, all I know is that the reports I read basically said we can stop worrying and everyone can all go back to their regularly scheduled programs.

16. Lawn Dart

The real one is closest to Earth somewhere around 2:30 Eastern, if I remember right... Its the size of a football field or two.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Anybody speak russian ? I'd like to know what they were saying as it unfolded, must have been a few holy shits in there. :wow:

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

This meteor did not originate from the asteroid that is going to pass roughly 17k miles from earth. They had completely different orbits

20. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy